6 Months. Why so thin and wispy?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Littlewolf,

Although the hairs appear quite wispy, I think your progress is a bit more evident in the update to your patient website: 6 Months.

I can understand why you're anxious at this point. However, at only 6 months out, you still have a long way to go in terms of additional growth and maturation. It's possible you are more of a late bloomer. Have you discussed your concerns with Dr. Mohmand?

Best,

Anthony

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

I've been following your progress since we are both around the 6 month point (although I haven't uploaded any 6 month pics yet).

One thing I am curious about - how many grafts did you receive? When I look at your 5 day post op pics, the density looks pretty low to me. Perhaps the Doctor always had 2 passes in mind for you?

All you can do now is wait and I hope things improve, but if you get to 8 months and its much the same then it isn't likely to change much after that.

6 months is too early to make a final judgment. But it's not a good start.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

contact dr hamayun and get a free ht, for 6 months your growth is not acceptable, i dont care what anyone here says that its only 6 months yet but for that amount of time is simply not good enough. The work done is simply poor and even after a year I dont think you will be happy at all. I hope it works out for you mate

ammo,

There's no need to continue making blanket statements about growth timelines. You have two posts in the same thread advising (now insisting) that LittleWolf either request his money back or demand a free procedure at the halfway mark. You're more impatient than the person who had the hair transplant.

Anthony (youngsuccess)

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

Littlewolf,

How many grafts did you get and what was the original plan with Dr. Humayun? Right now, it still doesn't look very impressive, but I agree with youngsuccess that the photos on your site look better, if still disappointing.

Any more information you can share with us, will assist us in sharing our thoughts & recommendations.

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

littlewolf,

Thanks for taking the time to share your hair transplant progress with us. I know how discouraging it can be to expect more growth at a particular point in time and not see it. However, I agree with YoungSuccess and others to wait another 6 months before evaluating the final result.

In the event you don't achieve expected growth, I trust Dr. Mohmand will stand behind you and help you meet your hair goals on his dime. In my opinion, his patient care policies are among the fairest I've seen and I trust that if you don't get what's expected after going the distance, that he'll take good care of you.

I encourage you to keep us posted on your progress.

Bill

Dear Little wolf

I am sorry to hear that you have gone through this ordeal and I wish none of my patients have to suffer with poor growth.

I know how hard it would be on you to have gone through the surgery and then this disappointment.

I know its too early but I also know that it wont be that great either as I and you thought it would be.

I do accept the failure of the result irrespective of the cause, I take the responsibility to this surgery and offer you a complete free surgery and also the cost of staying in Islamabad for 2 to 3 nights that would incur on you for having this surgery.

I would also send you one case similar to your self after one surgery and then a second surgery result as well.

Now Mr Khizar,

I know you are concerned about the outcome, as every one else has been, but you seem to be very biased about me. looks as if you are working for the doctor you had the surgery done from. it was just a feeling, I am sure I am wrong about this but your concern is right, its just that i can smell a bit of biased opinion from your statements.

I think if you can stay impartial like all other have been it would put more weight in your comments.

with respect to 3 surgeries or four I can do, I think I am good enough to do that. I said, I only spend 1.30 hours with each patient and the experience of my techs per theatre put together is more than 18 years with the main person is 9 to 10 years. They have assisted me in over 4000 surgeries more than any other doctor in Pakistan as I started in year 2000 and was the first one to start in Pakistan. Since 2002 I have been giving lectures on almost every topic of hair transplant surgery at the two most prestigious hair transplant forums, ISHRS annual meeting and orlando Live Surgery Workshop.

so I can easily say i have not only a very experienced team but I have a reasonable experience as well.

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

LW

I have asked Nawaz to get in touch with you and facilitate you with your plans though it would be great if we can wait till the end of 10 months that would be summers. He told me that you did discuss with him the summer thing as well.

So hope to hear from you and once again, I do apologize for the poor growth.

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dear LW

this is one of the example of my patient who had a poor growth initially and then after second session he recovered, since then he had a 3 session.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...ientID=1913&DrID=469

---

Dr Humayun it is good to see that you are standing by your patients. We have to remember that each patient has a limited amount of grafts that they can use from their donor area and if these grafts are not put to good use then they are wasted. i.e. patients will never be able to use the wasted grafts again.

Thank you everybody that has made a comment. So the general feeling is not much more hair is going to grow then i see. Shame.I will still live in hope though and see if anything major happens in next few months.

I was hoping that once would be enough.

Thank you Dr Humayun. We will be in touch then to discuss what to do.

Romeono1,

Hair transplantatation isn't an exact science and doesn't come with guarantees. Nobody can guarantee that unknown variables won't account for a less than optimal outcome.

And remember, LittleWolf is only 6 months out from his procedure. Despite the concerns and fear of what may happen in 6 months, it's critical to give the result the full year to mature.

Best wishes,

Bill

Was just thinking. if i take another strip out my donor area, in the future if i need a transplant for the top of my head could i still take more? my donor area is quite full but how many strips can one take?? would i maybe be risking future transplants?

I think you have enough donor area left that can harvest another 5000 to 6000 grafts, if I recall your true donor area and I am sure that should be enough for covering anything about type VI MPB.

unless you have a very strong family history for type VII MPB.

So in all fairness, no you are not risking too much.

---

littlewolf, I understand it's very tough to be optimistic right now, but please listen to me: the position you're in right now is one nearly every HT patient experiences. The growth is not looking quite right and months have passed since the procedure so you are thinking it is a failure. Plus, you have posters on here telling you to demand a refund.

But it takes every HT 12-18 months to reach full maturity. Yes, there are general guidelines for growth, but these are not hard and fast rules. So you have at least another 6 months to go, so try to relax. At 12 months times you can reassess. Best of luck.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

No problem littlewolf. Unfortunately it's very easy for people to come onto a forum and leave disparaging remarks without really thinking through how it will effect the patient. It's pointless to feed into this kind of negativity because: a)You're just halfway through the growth process, and b) even if it doesn't turn out good, there's nothing you can do about it right now.

Do your best not to obsess, and maybe even avoid the forums for a bit (they can consume a guy in your frame of mind). Take care, and please keep us updated on your progress.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Littlewolf please check out the below link

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...D=469&PatientID=2251

On a 7 month follow up appointment he had less growth than anticipated. The Dr was willing to do a free surgery for him because he thought the results were about 50%.

They decided to wait and have another follow up appointment four months later. If the results still weren't satisfactory he would do complimentary surgery.

This is how he was at the end of the 11th month with obviously a good results so they deferred the surgery and he is just one more happy ending.

Moral of Story: Wait for minimum of 1 Year before you can judge the result.