Hairline Design

Apparently Dr Anastasakis measures several facial features, including your jawline, when he is designing his patient's hairline. I'm not sure if Dr Saifi does this, or if it is common practice.

Can anyone tell me is this common? Does it signify aesthethic skill if a surgeon takes such measures in designing a hairline?

15 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Apparently Dr Anastasakis measures several facial features, including your jawline, when he is designing his patient's hairline. I'm not sure if Dr Saifi does this, or if it is common practice.

Can anyone tell me is this common? Does it signify aesthethic skill if a surgeon takes such measures in designing a hairline?

Not necessarily, although in theory it seems to be a good indicator. 

Here Dr. Balwi makes several interesting points, takes measurements, speaks of your forehead muscles, etc., like someone who's a pro and actually takes all aspects into consideration. Seems like a good surgeon, right?

Nope, he makes the crappiest hairlines, just check out some Youtube vloggers like Matt Dominance or HairWolf who had their HT with Balwi. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Wow. I see. Interesting.

God it really is such a hard decision to pick one surgeon 😂

How come you've narrowed it down to Anastasakis or Saifi? The latter is good alright, but I never heard of Anastasakis. What makes you think he's a top surgeon?

Is it the price that deters you from going with the renowned surgeons from the UK, Spain or Belgium, or proximity? If the latter, I think HDC and Dr. Sikos would be better options than both Saifi or Anastasakis. 

Yeah, its pretty much price that has spurred me on to look a bit further afield. I'd have probably picked Bisanga or Feriduni if I was rockin' way more cash at the minute.

Anastasakis is the treasurer of the America Hair Restoration board. He's won a few awards in Greece recently. He's also published a 903 page scientific study on hair treatment, soon it will be dispersed throughout the world to most hair restoration professionals. He has been leading a lot of presentations and world talks on hair transplant surgery.

He's been shooting through the shadows via Instagram lately. I spoke to a dermatologist on Linkedin - Peter Prendergast. P. Prendergast had a HT from Anastasakis last year and he said he was brilliant, and P. Prendergast is an aesthethic medical professional himself so that's a good sign.

I just get a really good feeling from Anasatsakis. He seems to take pride in his work and good care of his patients.

I've investigated HDC too and they look really good but I did discover a bad review here relating to HDC and I prefer the vibe I get from Saifi and Anastasakis.

Sikos was one of the first guys I tried to investigate but he has a handful of bad Google reviews and his results online don't look as good as results I've seen elsewhere. Also, nobody on any of these forums knew anything about Sikos. Its hard to find patients who have had a transplant from him.

• Like 1

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Yeah, its pretty much price that has spurred me on to look a bit further afield. I'd have probably picked Bisanga or Feriduni if I was rockin' way more cash at the minute.

Anastasakis is the treasurer of the America Hair Restoration board. He's won a few awards in Greece recently. He's also published a 903 page scientific study on hair treatment, soon it will be dispersed throughout the world to most hair restoration professionals. He has been leading a lot of presentations and world talks on hair transplant surgery.

He's been shooting through the shadows via Instagram lately. I spoke to a dermatologist on Linkedin - Peter Prendergast. P. Prendergast had a HT from Anastasakis last year and he said he was brilliant, and P. Prendergast is an aesthethic medical professional himself so that's a good sign.

I just get a really good feeling from Anasatsakis. He seems to take pride in his work and good care of his patients.

I've investigated HDC too and they look really good but I did discover a bad review here relating to HDC and I prefer the vibe I get from Saifi and Anastasakis.

Sikos was one of the first guys I tried to investigate but he has a handful of bad Google reviews and his results online don't look as good as results I've seen elsewhere. Also, nobody on any of these forums knew anything about Sikos. Its hard to find patients who have had a transplant from him.

Money comes and goes, but your donor is finite. Best to do it right the first time around, or not do it all. Never a good idea to let cost be the driving factor. Save up, make payments on a CC. All better options then choosing a doctor based on cost.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'm not basing my decision entirely on cost though. Cost is encouraging me to shop around but I'm going for quality above all else. I'm trying to get the best of both worlds from cost and quality. HRBR in Dublin are probably one of the most expensive clinics in the world and the hairline they offered me is nowhere near as good as the hairlines I've seen in some other cheaper clinics. If I was totally loaded I'd have gone straight to HRBR without looking overseas, and consequently I'd probably now be wearing a transplant that is less than 100%. 

Cost and quality is what I'm trying to blend, and yes Bisanga has a guarentee on his service but having spent time exploring options a little further afield I've found other trustworthy professionals at a more affordable cost.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rossybop said:

I know what you mean about Sikos. Actually his was the first clinic I contacted prior to my first HT as he's an IAHRS member and recommended by Spex (I know those shouldn't be deciding factors), but I was eventually put off by those Google reviews and his super long waiting list. Mind you however, those Google reviews were coming from Hungarians, and they are the most hardly pleased and complaining bunch out there (I know, I was born there, lol). Also, his name means "slippery" and he's a slick bald old guy, why should he care about us, right? Okay, putting the joke aside, I've come to believe since that he's really, really good, he delivers natural results. He is very conservative however, if you look at his results he favors the receding, naturally thinning approach, which is not a bad thing though, I think it's actually ethical to look at the big picture and think of these patients as they age. Dr. Ball has the same mindset when it comes to older patients. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rossybop said:

Anyway, good luck with Anastasakis if you really wanna go with him. :) Looks promising what you wrote of him. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

I know what you mean about Sikos. Actually his was the first clinic I contacted prior to my first HT as he's an IAHRS member and recommended by Spex (I know those shouldn't be deciding factors), but I was eventually put off by those Google reviews and his super long waiting list. Mind you however, those Google reviews were coming from Hungarians, and they are the most hardly pleased and complaining bunch out there (I know, I was born there, lol). Also, his name means "slippery" and he's a slick bald old guy, why should he care about us, right? Okay, putting the joke aside, I've come to believe since that he's really, really good, he delivers natural results. He is very conservative however, if you look at his results he favors the receding, naturally thinning approach, which is not a bad thing though, I think it's actually ethical to look at the big picture and think of these patients as they age. Dr. Ball has the same mindset when it comes to older patients. 

Cool. Of course that makes perfect sense and Sikos is not the only one that favours that approach. It was hard to find enough positive information to make me choose him though. Another thing I noticed is that he doesn't post results very often, most of his website results are old and he only seems to post a result once or twice every year. He should definitely invest more heavily in marketing, it would help him a lot because the market is now so competitive.

Its good to hear an opinion from a real Hungarian. You're opinion is valid because you can find and understand more information about him. Maybe if I had of heard from more Hungarian guys I would have chosen Dr Sikos a long time ago. 

29 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Anyway, good luck with Anastasakis if you really wanna go with him. :) Looks promising what you wrote of him. 

Yeah, thanks. I still haven't booked Anastasakis or Saifi. I'm still trying to pick one 😂 Thanks a lot though.

@Rossybop

It’s good to see you  active and asking questions and getting your research in.

In your particular case, I would suggest that your loss is somewhat minimal and your hair appears relatively strong behind this frontal loss. Ideally this is suggesting that your loss will not progress too quickly.

The fact that you are putting your research in suggests that you are not rushing, you want educate yourself and are going to such lengths to get the best outcome.

My advice would therefore be to take things slowly, continue your research and work towards getting the funds in place to make the best decision for you in choosing the best doctor for you. Not the most economical, but the best.

As the guys have mentioned, money comes and goes, your virgin scalp and finite donor density does not. 

You also have quite unique features and any cheaper doctor offering their one size fits all approach, would be disastrous for you.

Hairline design must take many elements into consideration to achieve the most natural and appropriate hairline for each individual. This is also why one dimensional photos do not present the full picture. Bone structure and curvature are very important to consider, distance between facial features, length and shape of the face amongst other factors.

You may find the following video helpful -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

8 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

@Rossybop

It’s good to see you  active and asking questions and getting your research in.

In your particular case, I would suggest that your loss is somewhat minimal and your hair appears relatively strong behind this frontal loss. Ideally this is suggesting that your loss will not progress too quickly.

The fact that you are putting your research in suggests that you are not rushing, you want educate yourself and are going to such lengths to get the best outcome.

My advice would therefore be to take things slowly, continue your research and work towards getting the funds in place to make the best decision for you in choosing the best doctor for you. Not the most economical, but the best.

As the guys have mentioned, money comes and goes, your virgin scalp and finite donor density does not. 

You also have quite unique features and any cheaper doctor offering their one size fits all approach, would be disastrous for you.

Hairline design must take many elements into consideration to achieve the most natural and appropriate hairline for each individual. This is also why one dimensional photos do not present the full picture. Bone structure and curvature are very important to consider, distance between facial features, length and shape of the face amongst other factors.

You may find the following video helpful -

Thank you so much for this kind response. I will check out this video.

I actually went to a cheap clinic in Poland for a hair transplant 3 years ago but they didn't operate on me because I had a rare and unfortuneate outbreak of psoriasis on my scalp at the time.

I'm looking to get a transplant this winter because I have so many gaps in my timetable that its convenient and easy to fit it in, whereas if I start a new job in the new year, and if coronavirus disappears, it will be harder to plot 1-2 weeks off for a HT, so the next couple of months are really convenient for me.

Its true of budget I could save more and go for Bisanga or someone similar at a later stage but I'm feeling comfortable enough to opt for Saifi or Anastasakis this Xmas, provided they are not booked out. If they sell all their vacancies before I reserve my spot then it might well lead to me kicking it out another year or two and visiting Bisanga instead, but I'd really prefer to just get a good job done sooner tbh.

My hair loss does seem slow. The most noticeable recession/thinning happened very fast in my late teens/early 20s and then it just seemed to slow down by itself. I think I receded again a bit more in the last 5 years or so but I never treated it with finasteride or Rogaine up until only recently (3 months ago). So please God the meds that I have started will stop any more hair loss and restore some extra density.

Its interesting what you say about my unique features. I find my head is very flat and big and of a strange size. My jaw is kind of big too. Maybe this makes me a difficult case that needs more care and professionalism. Maybe for that reason I should go with Anastasakis instead of Saifi, unless Saifi also adapts his work to unique facial features?...

I personally think that you should look at hairline designs for both and see what you prefer. There are basic or “guidance” rules when designing a hairline and even when technically implanting it. However, not all great paintings are performed entirely with precise measurements. There should be a role for the input of your surgeon in finalizing the design and they may involve a free hand drawing or even adjusting any pre planned measurements. Sometimes a slight bend or adding a little peak is all it takes to get a perfect result. 
There is artistry in hairline designs. Look and compare between different surgeons. Dont just go for anyone that makes it look automated or more of a process. Yes there are rules and some things that require symmetry/measurements, but the combination of artistry and applying that to each specific face is what matters most imo.

All the best my friend!

Edited by DrTBarghouthi
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

3 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

I personally think that you should look at hairline designs for both and see what you prefer. There are basic or “guidance” rules when designing a hairline and even when technically implanting it. However, not all great paintings are performed entirely with precise measurements. There should be a role for the input of your surgeon in finalizing the design and they may involve a free hand drawing or even adjusting any pre planned measurements. Sometimes a slight bend or adding a little peak is all it takes to get a perfect result. 
There is artistry in hairline designs. Look and compare between different surgeons. Dont just go for anyone that makes it look automated or more of a process. Yes there are rules and some things that require symmetry/measurements, but the combination of artistry and applying that to each specific face is what matters most imo.

All the best my friend!

Thanks very much for your professional input. At this stage I feel like I should be paying you.  This information now inspires me to swing more towards Dr Saifi as most of his work seems to be well done.

Thanks again Dr T Barghouti.

4 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Thanks very much for your professional input. At this stage I feel like I should be paying you.  This information now inspires me to swing more towards Dr Saifi as most of his work seems to be well done.

Thanks again Dr T Barghouti.

I’m glad I can be of any help and my best wishes going forward. It is indeed an exciting milestone. 

• Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

It is, its exciting, scary, nerve-wracking. Now that I think ot it, those who don't know what its like to experience hair loss and a hair transplant don't know how much of a rollercoaster it is. This part of the journey - choosing a surgeon and having the operation - is the most nerve-wracking part of the whole journey.

• Like 1