10 Days Post FUE Accidentally Poured Hot Water on Crown Grafts

Hi all, 

I am 10 days post FUE on hairline and crown. I assume I can shower with direct pressure at this stage, but out of an abundance of caution I am filling up a cup with sink water then pouring it gently over m head. Short story is I accientally filled my cup with very hot water and poured it on my crown. It wasn't scaling or boiling, but was uncomfortably hot. Now I'm worried that I poured this very hot water directly on the already inflamed grafts and ruined them.

Is this something I legitimately need to be concerned about, or is it my mind getting the best of me? I know countless resources say by Day 10 the grafts are firmly anchored in and I am in the clear, but still concerned about graft damage and pouring hot liquid on a bunch of scabs. 

Thoughts?

Edited by DenverBuff1989

• Administrators

You’ll be fine at 10 days, as long as it wasn’t boiling hot.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I concur...you should be fine and now you are 2 weeks post-op so you can wash you scalp normally as you did pre-op.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY