On average, how many total lifetime grafts do men have available in the donor area for FUE?

Hi all,

I just had my 3 HT, and have used appx. 3700 grafts total in my HT journey. It's making me wonder - hopefully I will never have to have a 4th HT - but if I did, how many more grafts I have available in the donor area, without it looking butchered.

I know every guy is different, but can I get a general appx. of how many total lifetime grafts men have available in the donor area for FUE?

Thanks!

• Valued Contributor

There is no general approximation as everyone is on a different playing field. No two people are genetically the same and hair caliber, scalp density, ethnicity and rates of miniaturization vary from one person to another. What you can control to a degree though is your hair loss and donor capacity by starting on drugs such as finasteride very early on in the MPB process. All the best.

• Administrators

It depends, me for example I have had about 5,300 grafts. I’ve been told I have around 1,000 graves left maybe 1,500. That would put me above 6,000. I’d say on average most get about 5,000-8,000 max for FUE.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.