How do you know if transplanted hairs are falling out? Major hair shedding

I had an FUE procedure done with a reputable doctor in the USA about a year ago.

The first 7ish months were fantastic as my hair looked full and grew in well.

However, over the last 3-4 months, it's has been falling out like crazy.

Anytime I run my fingers through my hair in the shower I get tons of strands on my hand.

My hair still looks way better than pre-transplant, but this is worrying me.

How do I know if this is my genetic hair loss versus transplanted hairs falling out?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edited by mephesto

Hi mephesto 

I appear to have had a touch of this in the last few weeks around month 10 mark ..you may have  experienced andragen desynchronisation..YouTube Eugenix and enter this term for a 7 min tutorial on it from Dr Arika..it sucks ..but most lost hair tends to come back ..

3 hours ago, Zoomster said:

Hi mephesto 

I appear to have had a touch of this in the last few weeks around month 10 mark ..you may have  experienced andragen desynchronisation..YouTube Eugenix and enter this term for a 7 min tutorial on it from Dr Arika..it sucks ..but most lost hair tends to come back ..

Thanks Zoomster, that was an interesting video. I hope it'll grow back, although I think it also mentioned getting about 80% fullness though right?

@Egy what do you think about @Zoomster's video?

10 minutes ago, mephesto said:

@Egy what do you think about @Zoomster's video?

I don't think it could be my case, however just today I performed a biopsy on my scalp, in about two weeks, I will have the result and will update my thread, as well as news the clinic.

20 minutes ago, Egy said:

I don't think it could be my case, however just today I performed a biopsy on my scalp, in about two weeks, I will have the result and will update my thread, as well as news the clinic.

Sounds good, thanks Egy. I hope it works out for both of us

@mephesto I did the biopsy because at this point I want to go all the way, I want to understand if my scalp is healthy or not, it is not normal what happened to me, maybe even to you (without seeing your situation I cannot  tell you if you have had the same loss after 7/8 months).  I am in contact with doctor Cinik's clinic, they also want to know.