HT NW7 at DR. Cinik Nov 2019 4300 grafts

Rocketman1

HI All,

i just wanted to share my experience during my hair transplant at Dr. Cinik in November 2019. I'm now 10,5 months post OP and not sure if i'm 100% happy with the result. I think i'm happy by 90% as i come from a total bald head and finally now have plenty of grafts on the top of my head 🙂

So it is definately an improvement for me.

I also had a pigmentation before i made the transplant and we considered also that hairline for the transplant.

I got 3000 Donor, 1000 beard and 300 chest grafts.

I booked the package where Dr. Cinik made the incisions. During the consultation we agreed on the fact to focus on the hairline and forehead and leave the vertex open and think about a second surgery after one year.

Now since i keep my hair always buzz cut short i don't know if the density on the front is enough to let the hair grow and have a good/average coverage!? I do not grow my hair because i have a big vertex zone and just don't like the look.

Now the question is: Is the densitiy on the front enought to make a second transplant to close the vertex? Or should i focus again on the forehead to make it more dense? But in this case the vertex/crown remains bald again and i will for yure not grow my hair. That's why i think i would accept a less is more hair transplant overthe whole head instead of having a dense front and a bald vertex and prefer to work with toppik again.

Concrete Questions:

1. What do you think of my plan and the options?

2. How do you rate so far the result of the hair transplant?

3. Do you think the density is ok in the fron to grow the hair longer?

4. I have a lot of thin hair between other thicker hairs. Are these expected to gain thickness like the others?

Pics will folow soon.

B80C0A44-9F6A-4FCB-8042-D0B1C29FFFEB.jpeg

695D43F4-6ED8-4FDE-915F-2B91778EDBDC.jpeg

8292CBFE-F54E-4930-BA0E-2871B495B575.jpeg

00AFCF82-E843-44CD-A60A-C09F4BB65857.jpeg

307DB86C-98C8-497A-8DB5-1CD4D3E2D595.jpeg

04C569E4-024F-4C46-9A20-0C2BD30CEA20.jpeg

DAC215A7-9F62-4888-ACC0-53A8F0B2631F.jpeg

Edited by Rocketman1
Added pics

@Rocketman1 thanks for opening a thread, it is difficult to assess the density at such short hair.  As for your plan, it doesn't match mine, in the sense that, I think it's more important to have a great density on the front (it's the part people look at when relating to you) and less in the middle and vortex.

Regarding density from first op, you need to let the hair grow oout longer in order to be able to fully assess it. 

As for your future plan, l am currently in the situation, l have more density in the front and almost bald in the crown. As Egy states, this what people first notice, so this is most important. My plan is to increase as much as possible for crown area

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Baboon said:

Regarding density from first op, you need to let the hair grow oout longer in order to be able to fully assess it. 

As for your future plan, l am currently in the situation, l have more density in the front and almost bald in the crown. As Egy states, this what people first notice, so this is most important. My plan is to increase as much as possible for crown area

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, but since my crown is totally bald, (like my front was) i need to have some grafts at least in order to work with fibers... My plan is to grow my hair a bit longer and style it to the back and cover then with the fron hair and toppik the back.

What do you think about the plan?

33 minutes ago, Rocketman1 said:

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, but since my crown is totally bald, (like my front was) i need to have some grafts at least in order to work with fibers... My plan is to grow my hair a bit longer and style it to the back and cover then with the fron hair and toppik the back.

I think that's exactly what you should try to do.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

please see my update at 11 month and from what I see I’m not really satisfied.

i usually cut my hair every 3-4 days but now I goes it for like two weeks and it looks very thin.

what I notice when I zoom in is that not all hairs are at the same length. So they are like 1cm but I have a lot hairs which are just 2-3 mm long and secondly there are lots of hairs which have the same length but are very very thin in thickness to the other terminal hairs.

any ideas or opinions?

thanks.

452CAD34-65C4-49E8-BFDF-937ECB7949DB.thumb.jpeg.17a0a7420f88703157095abfb1e1601e.jpeg

1680CDF7-8F50-41BA-AE05-8A1A19B5DCEE.jpeg

B5E81397-ACDB-48D7-B100-EC4042DB5AA9.jpeg

80162E20-7748-4E2A-AF0E-101D41B8412E.jpeg

0143B381-4249-4D79-A76B-BF91F12D5637.jpeg

2ED16C92-27B5-42EA-8673-690424790895.jpeg

B3D9EBBC-76DA-46E9-859D-84DB62BFF3BD.jpeg

B9EC52C7-C129-41F2-A4B9-481104EBA7CE.jpeg

On 10/8/2020 at 3:24 PM, Rocketman1 said:

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, this could be a good plan. At least let it grow in the front to assess your first question regarding density. But looking from pictures and that you were slick bald, l would say that you have acceptable results. Again, once grow our longer it will be easier. 

Then for the crown, l would go for as much as possible and then either accept or increase further with concealers etc. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Have you tried to grow it out longer? It looks like 4300 grafts on a NW7.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Have you tried to grow it out longer? It looks like 4300 grafts on a NW7.

Hi Melvin,

thanks for your comment.

Actually the last pictures i posted last Sunday was the longest i ever grow them since the hair transplant (except of the ugly duck phase during the first months) But since the hair really became stronger growth i havent grow it longer than 1cm.

First reason is that i absolutely don't like my open Crown. It makes me look old when the hair is longer and second reason is that the density at this length doesn't look acceptable in my opinion. But my question is if anybody experienced the same? So i mean that the hair looks very thin at 1 cm but looks acceptable in a longer grow!? I hope you understand what i mean.

I have made now a second appointment at Dr. Cinik for December and hope they will be able to cover the crown. It would be acceptable if the crown remains a bit thin but to have some hair at least to work with concealers. then i wold like to grow my hair and slick it to the back and use the frontal and mid hair to help covering the crown. This would be great...

Do you  think i'm able to have a good crown coverage with 1500 hair grafts and further 1000 beard grafts?

I'm on Minox foam since three months by the way...

Edited by Rocketman1

I think you need to give the hair full 12-18 months, but now looking again at the hair l can see you have plenty of beard hair and perhaps you also have some chest hair available? But with another 4000 grafts you should be able to achieve good coverage in the back and also in the front. 

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

What is the hairline made up of? Beard grafts? scalp grafts? A mixture of the two? Beard hair is thicker in calibre and should never be used for the hairline, but as a filler with scalp grafts behind the hairline. It appears that the grafts all over are a mix of the two. but that's just a guess? Do you know how many scalp grafts you have left available?

You could continue with covering the vertex and crown (if possible) with scalp and beard donor hair. Or you could also add SMP and and keep everything buzzed down to give a 3D illusion. The FUE donor scars could be camouflaged with SMP a year after the final surgery. All the best.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Baboon said:

I think you need to give the hair full 12-18 months, but now looking again at the hair l can see you have plenty of beard hair and perhaps you also have some chest hair available? But with another 4000 grafts you should be able to achieve good coverage in the back and also in the front. 

Yes i think you are right. I hope i'm kind of slow grower. But not in terms of follocle growth but for the hair-fiber to became thick in terms of structure. But i really wonder if i can put all in the crown or if i should use some grafts to make the front more dense...

4 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

What is the hairline made up of? Beard grafts? scalp grafts? A mixture of the two? Beard hair is thicker in calibre and should never be used for the hairline, but as a filler with scalp grafts behind the hairline. It appears that the grafts all over are a mix of the two. but that's just a guess? Do you know how many scalp grafts you have left available?

You could continue with covering the vertex and crown (if possible) with scalp and beard donor hair. Or you could also add SMP and and keep everything buzzed down to give a 3D illusion. The FUE donor scars could be camouflaged with SMP a year after the final surgery. All the best.

So, i had in total 3000 from the head, 1000 beard and 300 chest. Dr. Cinik wanted to save the donor as much as possible for the first operation.

The best head grafts have been placed in the front 1/3, then in the 2/3 of the transplanted area they placed a mix between head, chest hair and beard. In the 3/3 area they placed only beard grafts for now (those single thick hairs you see in the back)

Now for the second surgery they say from the picture they could extract further 1500 from head and 1000-1500 from beard, we havent even talked about the Chest this time. maybe we'll figure out when i'm at the clinic. But my hope is that they can take out more than they estimated - like it happened at the first time.

37 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Question for you. How does under your chin look like when shaved down? Would you happen to have a pic? Just want to see if there is any scarring noticeable after taking 1000 beard grafts. Thanks 🙏 

Sure, here you go. Beard 11months after extraction of 1000 grafts. It feels like I can take 2000 more out haha

you see some small white dots if you look closely...

D5F4CB33-A838-48EB-85C6-6477B57FA475.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Rocketman1 said:

Hi Melvin,

thanks for your comment.

Actually the last pictures i posted last Sunday was the longest i ever grow them since the hair transplant (except of the ugly duck phase during the first months) But since the hair really became stronger growth i havent grow it longer than 1cm.

First reason is that i absolutely don't like my open Crown. It makes me look old when the hair is longer and second reason is that the density at this length doesn't look acceptable in my opinion. But my question is if anybody experienced the same? So i mean that the hair looks very thin at 1 cm but looks acceptable in a longer grow!? I hope you understand what i mean.

I have made now a second appointment at Dr. Cinik for December and hope they will be able to cover the crown. It would be acceptable if the crown remains a bit thin but to have some hair at least to work with concealers. then i wold like to grow my hair and slick it to the back and use the frontal and mid hair to help covering the crown. This would be great...

Do you  think i'm able to have a good crown coverage with 1500 hair grafts and further 1000 beard grafts?

I'm on Minox foam since three months by the way...

Unfortunately, 1,000-1,500 will make little to no difference. You could augment the results with hair fibers, it may work. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

That's a lot to cover on your vertex, at least 2500 for a nice density, plus you need to do some repair on your previous procedure, I would at least repair the 3cm of the hairline, the implanted double and triple grafts with sloppy angles, the hairline need to have only single grafts with no beard grafts at all on the front, the issue is your a limited donor.

I really don't recommend you will go to a cheap Turkish clinic again.

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

1 hour ago, Doron Harati said:

That's a lot to cover on your vertex, at least 2500 for a nice density, plus you need to do some repair on your previous procedure, I would at least repair the 3cm of the hairline, the implanted double and triple grafts with sloppy angles, the hairline need to have only single grafts with no beard grafts at all on the front, the issue is your a limited donor.

I really don't recommend you will ago to a cheap Turkish clinic.

thanks for your comment. As I wrote I do not have any beard grafts or even multi grafts in the hair line... 🤷🏻‍♂️