Anyone have a transplant before 25

5 hours ago, Curious25 said:

To add further to earlier discussions on here, please find attached thread from a recent 29 year old Hasson and Wong patient. 

As you can see his extractions have been harvested outside the NW6 Zone, in which the clinics response was that this was due to everybody's safe zones (hair loss patterns) being different.

If Dr Hasson is comfortable to assume this 29 y/o patient won't reach an advanced NW 6 stage, surely that would suggest patients eventual hair loss patterns are detectable from earlier years? 

That's a good question. As I doubt even Dr. Hasson is the owner of the hair loss crystal ball, his is just an educated guess - granted, a guess 100x more educated and 100x more likely to be accurate than ours. Nothing is guaranteed, and it's entirely possible that this fellow's hair loss kicks into overdrive and somehow he ends up NW6. However, what is to be gained if Dr. Hasson's intuition is correct? More available grafts plus less visual impact to the donor zone since you can space out the extractions further. IMO there is risk to going outside of the guaranteed safe zone, but there are benefits to be reaped as well. And if there's anyone I'd trust to make that call it would be Dr. Hasson.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 2:04 PM, BeHappy said:

All I'm saying is JayLDD is wrong when he says NW 7s can be knwon early on in the balding process by looking at their hair. That's all.

This is Hasson and Wongs take on it; 

'There can be several factors involved when determining safe zones, final hair loss pattern etc. If a patient is going to end up a stage 7, miniaturization and thinning of the non safe zone will usually show signs visible to the doctor by the age of 29. In nearly all cases, the more aggressive the final hair loss pattern, the earlier it will show its signs. The doctor will take in all the factors such as family history, use of medication but examination of the areas in question will usually be the most important part of the diagnosis. And like anything else, experience and knowledge is important and after seeing tens of thousands of cases, they get pretty good at it. In my nearly 20 years at Hasson and Wong, I've not seen a case where one of our patients was harvested outside of the safe zone. Often times the strongest hair is fairly high up.'

4 hours ago, Curious25 said:

This is Hasson and Wongs take on it; 

'There can be several factors involved when determining safe zones, final hair loss pattern etc. If a patient is going to end up a stage 7, miniaturization and thinning of the non safe zone will usually show signs visible to the doctor by the age of 29. In nearly all cases, the more aggressive the final hair loss pattern, the earlier it will show its signs. The doctor will take in all the factors such as family history, use of medication but examination of the areas in question will usually be the most important part of the diagnosis. And like anything else, experience and knowledge is important and after seeing tens of thousands of cases, they get pretty good at it. In my nearly 20 years at Hasson and Wong, I've not seen a case where one of our patients was harvested outside of the safe zone. Often times the strongest hair is fairly high up.'

Not a single case in 20 years is really hard to believe given how high I've seen them extract on almost all of their recent cases..