Fue anxiety

Hi all,

I had a FUE 2 years ago in Turkey in one of the clinics recommended here for Norwood 5-6. About 4000 grafts were taken. I have a fine hair and my donor area is not the best.

In the beginning I was happy with the results but my natural hair is continuing to thin (going to norwood 7) The density is also low with many spaces and one side of the hairline doesn’t look very natural.

I tried to shave my head but it didn’t look good because of the donor area scars and also the density and the directions of the transplanted hair which looks different from my original hair. This is causing me anxiety and I just want a natural look. I even sometimes think to shave the transplanted hair and keep the sides and back slightly long to hide the scars. 
I contacted my clinic and they offered a second procedure for free or shall I find a better clinic ? Any suggestions ? 
Thank you

• Administrators

Can you share some pictures? Who was the clinic? We only recommend one surgeon in Turkey now. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Shall I try one more time with the same or different clinic ? Donor limitation ? I don’t prefer to use beard.

Or just shave it completely with SMP to the scars only if SMP is going to work with zero (razor) shave ? Will I have any scars on the front of head if I completely shave it ?

Edited by Seniormido

@SeniormidoI hate to say this my friend but your hairline was botched by Yaman. You have grafts with more than 1 hair in your hairline and the design is unnatural.

Your donor area looks pretty much depleted so you should really avoid going back to the Doctor responsable for your depleted donor and botched HT.

The thinning of your hair could indicate DUPA. Dr. Lorenzo treats patients with DUPA but they are required to be on Finasteride 6 months before the surgery. 

I don’t think you can have a hair transplant without using beard grafts because you have a limited donor area. 

You should contact Dr. Sethi at Eugenix and Dr. Jose Lorenzo. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@SeniormidoI hate to say this my friend but your hairline was botched by Yaman. You have grafts with more than 1 hair in your hairline and the design is unnatural.

Your donor area looks pretty much depleted so you should really avoid going back to the Doctor responsable for your depleted donor and botched HT.

The thinning of your hair could indicate DUPA. Dr. Lorenzo treats patients with DUPA but they are required to be on Finasteride 6 months before the surgery. 

I don’t think you can have a hair transplant without using beard grafts because you have a limited donor area. 

You should contact Dr. Sethi at Eugenix and Dr. Jose Lorenzo. 

To be honest I also had more receding from temples which increased the hairline problem.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Seniormido said:

I had it with Dr Yaman

054D886A-E3B7-4350-98FC-E09C6DA867EF.jpeg.c47f0ee9990fc51afb279d664ac34440.jpeg

This first is pre

these results with long hair

D87DC0A6-5E51-4746-B74B-E8A99167D398.thumb.jpeg.969e7b559dd536351e209cde3e2e14a1.jpegF74302BC-226C-4C07-9F7A-4C6CEC599753.thumb.jpeg.3be9522c63fe7b673831b79d10d3f1e3.jpegF65F7B1C-BC67-44FB-B79D-F62BC7BC814A.thumb.jpeg.929617e651893a102fd5a0ae60cb33c3.jpegC68E9B8D-CDAC-46C8-B646-5FBF91C78935.thumb.jpeg.91d8911d933465d5f5c100d7de1b809c.jpeg

short haircut 

812A0F14-60D5-4659-9E0D-8081ADDB479D.thumb.jpeg.bcaf0d9ba3f0015f6b9b9f8c9862712f.jpeg91E7623F-F7F5-4F17-AF05-F1560DF0F5E4.thumb.jpeg.d0a10cc363ee443c7f4969ff4785f641.jpeg

This is concerning, please pm me your full name and date of surgery, so I can contact Dr. Yaman. I disagree that your donor looks depleted. The quality of the photos are poor, so maybe I’m not seeing it.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

If you have a good beard then you should really look into using beard grafts before trying to get more from the scalp donor area. Most people with decant beard hair can get several thousand grafts from the beard.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

8 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

If you have a good beard then you should really look into using beard grafts before trying to get more from the scalp donor area. Most people with decant beard hair can get several thousand grafts from the beard.

can I still grow my beard after that and will it leave any noticeable scaring as in the head ?

32 minutes ago, Seniormido said:

Some clinics said my donor can give 2000 more grafts at maximum

@Seniormido I had a totally bald crown and midscalp but with 2000 scalp grafts + 1888 beard grafts I managed to rebuild my crown and miscalp.

You should consider this option and don’t worry about your beard because I can still grown my beard after having 1888 grafts removed from under the line under the chin (not above the chin).

The best Doctors for beard grafts are Dr. Sethi, Dr. Pekiner and HLC.

Edited by Portugal25

• Moderators

I've had over 4600 grafts taken from my beard and chest. The scars are minimal and nobody can tell. For the beard they take grafts from the area under the chin, so it's not easily noticed anyway because the area is downward facing, so nobody really sees it. It also won't leave any more scars on your head because you won't be taking any grafts from there, so that makes it worth a try or at least worth considering and looking into.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...