Dr Mohebi vs Dr. Gabel. Any recent patients I could consult?

hakona

Hey all,

These are my top two picks. I was about to go with Dr Mohebi before covid-19 but now have some second thoughts after reading some reviews here that his technicians do significant amount of the work.

I know for a fact that Dr Gabel does all of the extraction work himself.

Any recent patients of either of those doctors that could help add more color ?

Edited by hakona

• Administrators

@ShadowMoon is a recent Gabel patient, and check out @RepairingNW3 thread he went to Mohebi, both great surgeons, and I’ve met both personally.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I had a procedure with Dr. Mohebi exactly one year ago. You can search for my experience on this forum.

My results with Mohebi were good, and I’m satisfied overall. It’s not perfect, but it was worth it to me. I’m no longer self-conscious about my hair. That’s pretty huge.

I still think his bedside manner could be improved. I wouldn’t expect him (or any hair transplant doctor, for that matter) to be 100% honest and forthcoming, and he likes to interrupt and talk over people. But his team saved my hair, and he did in fact work out my grievances with me. That’s worth something too.

21 hours ago, hakona said:

Hey all,

These are my top two picks. I was about to go with Dr Mohebi before covid-19 but now have some second thoughts after reading some reviews here that his technicians do significant amount of the work.

I know for a fact that Dr Gabel does all of the extraction work himself.

Any recent patients of either of those doctors that could help add more color ?

Dr. Gabel was fantastic, the only thing I'm waiting for is the final result. Absolutely no complaints regarding his bedside manner, his work ethic, or his process for the procedure itself. Everything was done correctly and he even put in half the grafts himself while another technician did her half. He also has a surgical background in face and neck surgery, which means his scar work is really good. Oh, and he models a lot of his practice on Dr. Konior, who taught him much of what he knows.