I’m 20, and just had a consultation with landmark hair, however I need advice!!

So I’ve been noticing my hairline receding for a couple years now and have been on finesteride for the last couple months. The consultant went over my head with a microscope camera, and showed there were mostly follicles with 2-3 hairs, all the way up to the widows peak hair line that I have. Is landmark hair reliable and I am a suitable Candidate for a transplant, or is this guy just trying to make a sale?

• Administrators

Never heard of this clinic, but so many things wrong. First, your age, you’re too young. Second, you haven’t given finasteride enough time to work. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Willgd said:

Thanks man, Had a gut feeling it was too good to be true. I know you said you’re not a medical expert but how long would it take to have the final results of finasteride? 

Around 12-18 months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Landmark hair is just another Uk hairmill with no name Drs. Yes of course it was just sales talk. 
you need to jump on fin and stay on it. Don’t do a transplant at your age. If your going to consult with a clinic then make sure it’s one of the few this forum recommends. A ethical clinic would say your too young. 

Hey man, sorry about your hair loss. It’s really good that you went out asking questions. That will save you.

Just got my first HT at 34, and even that felt kind of young. It’s overwhelming in your early 20s, but it’s a long road. It will take years of coping, adjustment, character building and general maturation (physical & mental) before you’re in the right place in life to consider it. I wanted to do it at ~22, but now I know that would have been a mistake. If you’re unlucky, it can ruin your life.

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not...”

- John Lennon

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Willgd said:

In theory after 12 months would I be able to be reviewed and considered for a transplant? Any reputable clinic recommendations? And how much is the average cost to cover the temples?

I would advise against any procedure at your age. Give it a few more years, and in the meantime use concealer.

• Like 1

View my thread

Any options for a widows peak hairline? Literally got a hard McDonald’s logo on my forehead, it’s not thinning anywhere else atm. Looking into things like Micropigmentation and the other short term one. I don’t mind having a buzz cut but the hairline really adds years

• Administrators

Stay away from smp, usually young guys get hairlines way too low, and it ends up looking unnatural. Your best option is to wear your hair down, or use some concealer in the hairline.

View my thread

@Willgd 20 years old is wayyyyyy too young for HT for 2 main reasons: 

20 years old with Norwood 1-2, is like to fill small pixels and procedure will cause regression hurting the natural hair, sometimes we accept Norwood 2 if it's a 40 years old patient, depends...

Other reason 20 years old with a fast "boom" of Norwood 4-5 may predicted to be Norwood 7 and the doctor can't know for sure if the donor area on the back of the head will loose hair, so after few years the transplanted hair will fall because of the DHT.

I myself as a consultant centre I advice fist then schedule a video call with the clinic to make exceptions with the doctor, only at the end we close a deal, never at first try to sell and close a deal.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.