How long should hair be for DHI/FUE?

Do respected DHI/FUE surgeons stipulate what length hair should be grown to before attending a DHI/FUE procedure? If so, what length should hair be grown to?

Also, if beard grafts are to be used, to what extent should the beard be grown?

Thanks.

Usually Dr's would advise not to cut your hair for around a month, just so they can see easier your hair texture etc.

It's not such a big deal though. Best advice - ask surgeon you're planning to go to.

• Like 1

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

49 minutes ago, Mike_2020 said:

Thanks Rolandas.

I'd guess it's probably better to have it a little longer than required than shorter as once there could easily be "buzzed" to cut to appropriate length.

Yep. That's what I've done 😁

• Like 1

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

19 minutes ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

For the surgery itself, 2 mm to 3 mm hair is good to go. But for the evaluation purpose, the hair has to be longer. 

How about on the sides? Some people have retrograde that is less visible when the sides are cut short. Is it preferably to grow them out a bit if you're considering having hair implanted there?

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 5:09 AM, giegnosiganoe said:

How about on the sides? Some people have retrograde that is less visible when the sides are cut short. Is it preferably to grow them out a bit if you're considering having hair implanted there?

Definitely sir. Any person with retrograde thinning or otherwise should avoid a haircut at least for a month prior to the hair transplantation procedure. In some cases, if some people have a very slow growth or very thin donor then they can grow it, according to their hair growth rate, for a more appropriate time wherein the hair would be obviously visible. We would be advising every step of the pre and post procedural acitivites as it has to be customised according to each individual. 

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ