Five Months and No Growth Did My Hair Transplant Fail?

• Administrators

I got this question recently, but I wanted to know how the community would answer this question. Did any of you experience what some consider 'slow-growth' if so what month did you hair really take off? I would love to hear the communities thoughts and opinions. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

My first 2 FUT seemed to grow from about 4.5/5 months. The 3 FUE I have had all seem to start from approx 3.5/4 months. Although in all cases the crown took longer! Maybe from about 5 months i started to notice the most growth starting.

My next ht will be mostly BHT so be interesting to see when that starts sprouting. 

Only with my first Ht did I start panicking thinking ok this is a fail then at 6 months in. Then i discovered this forum! 

• Like 2

• Administrators
5 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

My first 2 FUT seemed to grow from about 4.5/5 months. The 3 FUE I have had all seem to start from approx 3.5/4 months. Although in all cases the crown took longer! Maybe from about 5 months i started to notice the most growth starting.

My next ht will be mostly BHT so be interesting to see when that starts sprouting. 

Only with my first Ht did I start panicking thinking ok this is a fail then at 6 months in. Then i discovered this forum! 

Wow that’s a lot of procedures, interested to see a before and after.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

21 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I got this question recently, but I wanted to know how the community would answer this question. Did any of you experience what some consider 'slow-growth' if so what month did you hair really take off? I would love to hear the communities thoughts and opinions. 

It might be a little worrisome if there is absolutely no hair in the transplanted zone after the 5th month.  But regardless of the growth on the 5th month, I think that patients should wait until the 12th month to judge the full results. Sometimes delayed growth can also start by the 6th month. Therefore, it is crucial to maintain patience, get regular updates and check-ups with the surgeon and keep a pictorial record of the progress to document the growth. 

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

I am currently at five months. I had 2300 hundred graft transplanted by Dr.hasson. This was my second operations.

I have a graft here and there that grew but no growth spurt yet. Even shock loss Havent recover 100%. From what I've been reading from other users, second transplant can take a bit longer to grow. Looking forward to what July is going to bring