Second FUE Procedure

Hello everyone - 

I will be performing my second FUE transplant at the end of June. My first hair transplant was completed by Dr. Cinik in Turkey exactly a year ago. I had 2500 grafts added to a completely restored hairline through DHI and another 1000 grafts added mid scalp to the crown by FUE. I knew prior to my first procedure that I would need two. For those who are wondering, I highly recommend Dr. Cinik. You may not see a full head of hair below ,but I can assure you that (a) I started off much worse and (b) I took this photo under harsh lighting.

Because I had a good amount taken the first time, my new doctor has quoted only being able to harvest 1600-1800 grafts safely from the donor. It will be used to add a good amount of density to the crown and some in the mid scalp through FUE. The second procedure will be in the US.

I was hoping some of you can shed some light on what type of results you think I should expect. I am a 30 year old male. Prior to my first procedure I was likely a Norwood 5 classification. Please let me know if I can provide any information. Thanks!

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

• Administrators

Can you share some before pics? Any reason why you decided against going back to Cinik? 

Where are the grafts being placed? If spread out the entire scalp, the difference will be very little, but if concentrated in one area, like the hairline it will be significant.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Sorry, no. I never really took top down photos pre-op. I’d gladly go back to Cinik but don’t have the time to leave the country. Especially with what’s going on. 

I was thinking of putting 20-30% mid-scalp and the rest in the crown. I’m content with my hairline and expect 10% more growth within the next few months. 

If you are ok with your hairline put the rest of the donor to the mid-scalp. Doing a crown is a risky thing 50/50 IMO. Crown is like a black hole and with just ~1500 grafts it won't be as noticeable as putting them on the mid-scalp.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, secondhairtransplant said:

Sorry, no. I never really took top down photos pre-op. I’d gladly go back to Cinik but don’t have the time to leave the country. Especially with what’s going on. 

I was thinking of putting 20-30% mid-scalp and the rest in the crown. I’m content with my hairline and expect 10% more growth within the next few months. 

I don’t think it will make a noticeable difference in the crown at all. Now, if you concentrate it all in the midscalp, it’ll make a difference for sure.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

6 hours ago, secondhairtransplant said:

Who are you going with this time?

7 hours ago, zirke said:

If you are ok with your hairline put the rest of the donor to the mid-scalp. Doing a crown is a risky thing 50/50 IMO. Crown is like a black hole and with just ~1500 grafts it won't be as noticeable as putting them on the mid-scalp.

Thanks for the feedback. Won’t it be off if I had 1600-1800 to the mid scalp and then keep the crown as is? I wanted to get a more even distribution as I thought it would look more natural. 

if you want friendly advice, look for real patient experiences that have been in that clinic, with pics published gradually, month by month, uploading fake reviews on google or on their sites is very simple, so be careful.

1 hour ago, secondhairtransplant said:

Google, yelp, and Facebook. No luck on here or realself. 

Your plan is not good. This sources are not reliable. 

That Cinik did not provide you with before pics is alarming too.

If you have only 1800 Grafts left this is alarming considering your age and status. You should think about medication and not about the crown. What if your sides drop?

• Moderators

I looked at the Solve clinic website. They don't mention any Dr name. The two founders started the company in 2017 and they aren't Drs. I couldn't find anywhere that mentioned or described what the procedure actually entails or how they perform the work. The pricing was very cheap at $4.50 per graft. These things lead me to believe that they are probably contracting the work out to local Drs and possibly using an Artas machine. I'm not saying that's what's happening, but I would want to know more about who will actually be performing the surgery and if he is actually a part of the clinic or is he an outside Dr and do they use Artas or are they doing the process manually and are there any technicians involved and are they contracted out or do they actually work there. I didn't look up any reviews on them, so maybe some of hat is answered there.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, BeHappy said:

I looked at the Solve clinic website. They don't mention any Dr name. The two founders started the company in 2017 and they aren't Drs. I couldn't find anywhere that mentioned or described what the procedure actually entails or how they perform the work. The pricing was very cheap at $4.50 per graft. These things lead me to believe that they are probably contracting the work out to local Drs and possibly using an Artas machine. I'm not saying that's what's happening, but I would want to know more about who will actually be performing the surgery and if he is actually a part of the clinic or is he an outside Dr and do they use Artas or are they doing the process manually and are there any technicians involved and are they contracted out or do they actually work there. I didn't look up any reviews on them, so maybe some of hat is answered there.

Wow great research, I’m a bit concerned at the price point for the US. Social media is not the place to research. It’s forums like this one, where you see real unbiased reviews from start to finish!

View my thread

40 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It’s forums like this one, where you see real unbiased reviews from start to finish!

I believe that HRN is the only reliable forum, all the others are more or less manipulated.