Dr. Arocha - PRP Only - 1 year Results

This patient underwent a PRP treatment with Dr. Arocha. The after images were taken one year after his treatment. The patient was thinning in spite of taking finasteride, so Dr. Arocha recommended PRP treatment. Dr. Arocha has developed his PRP program over the last decade. 

thumb__DC15525_1024.jpg

thumb__DC16398_1024.jpg

thumb__DC15526_1024.jpg

thumb__DC16399_1024.jpg

thumb__DC15527_1024.jpg

thumb__DC16400_1024.jpg

thumb__DC15530_1024.jpg

thumb__DC16402_1024.jpg

thumb__DC15532_1024.jpg

thumb__DC16404_1024.jpg

thumb__DC15533_1024.jpg

thumb__DC16405_1024.jpg

thumb__DC15528_1024.jpg

thumb__DC16401_1024.jpg

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

Great response to the therapy. He may yet see some cumulative improvement if he keeps up with treatments. I know I have seen some additional gains since round 2 with Dr. Arocha. They're not quite as dramatic but my starting point also isn't as severe, so that makes sense.

My temporal thinning was far worse than this guy's and I still managed to rebound to a point of pretty good coverage. What I particularly appreciate here is how much stronger is hair looks towards the mid scalp and crown. You have to look pretty hard to see the thin spots at all. 

I'm cautiously optimistic that exosomes could also represent a further avenue of improvement as well, but there are so few published results at the moment that I'm still on the fence about whether or not to give them a shot or wait a bit for more information.

• Like 1

Looks good, thanks for posting. I've considered PRP treatment in the past, but wasn't sure if the results would be worth the cost. As they say though, "not all PRP is created equal"...just like with hair transplantation, PRP results largely depend on the skill of the doctor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damifino said:

Looks good, thanks for posting. I've considered PRP treatment in the past, but wasn't sure if the results would be worth the cost. As they say though, "not all PRP is created equal"...just like with hair transplantation, PRP results largely depend on the skill of the doctor.

I will give you three pieces of advice on this. 

1. Make sure Acell is included in the PRP or don't even bother.

2. Ask any doctor you're considering to show you results from his or her PRP treatments just like you would with a transplant. If they have a good number of patients with results you like, their method probably has some merit.

3. Assuming a good doctor and protocol, PRP tends to work best in areas of diffuse thinning. Generally speaking you're not going to see much change at all injecting PRP into a slick bald area.

I can vouch for Dr. Arocha's PRP from personal experience but a couple of other doctors on this forum have some nice results as well. Do a bit of research and decide for yourself whether it's right for you.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 9:34 AM, Damifino said:

Damifino, 

@Mycroft provided some good advice - and advice that we would typically recommend at our clinic. Just because PRP is considered a non-surgical procedure, doesn't mean that the clinic shouldn't have before and after photos. Ask to see their work - and work on more than just one or two patients. Make sure the images they are showing you aren't stock photos from the manufacturer. 

Dr. Arocha has perfected his PRP methodology over the course of the last decade, and he stands behind this particular non-surgical method of treatment for many of his patients! 

All the best!

Kira

• Like 1

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.