Hospital Group

Hi All,

I am looking to get a hair transplant with the hospital group in the UK. The surgeon is likely to be Dr Goldstone. He has himself recently had a transplant and his scar looks quite good. I have seen a number of post suggesting that the Hospital Group should be avoided. However, the hospital group has appeared within UK media and a number of celebrities have had the procedures. Can someone please help and advise as right now, everywhere I look there is something negative about every clinic and surgeon in the world.

hi there and welcome to the community.

please take what you have read about this clinic seriously.i have been on these forums for some 4 years and have not seen a positive thing wrote about them.

do your self a favour and research this forum the doctors recommended here have all been pre-screened and have a number of satisfied patients posting aswell as their own posted photo results.

the only dr's in the uk who are recommended here

are bessam and nilofer farjo,i had surgeries with them and can vouch for their professionalism and results.

do a search for my name aswell as "fallenstar" and "brian boro" who have also grown out results.

good luck.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Don't jump in to a hair transplant. Spend at least six months doing research. You've come to the right place - use the search function on this website to learn as much as you can.

So many people are writing negative things about the hospital group for a reason. Listen to them. I consulted with Dr Farjo last year, but he turned me down for a transplant, because at 22, I was too young. I found another surgeon, who was willing to perform surgery on me, but quickly realised he was just after money. I then found several posts from people complaining about his poor results so decided to put a transplant off for the time being. I realised Farjo was right.

This experience highlighted to me the highly ethical approach the Farjo's have. Also, look at their pictures on this site - they're results are ultra refined.

Put it this way, I wouldn't let any surgeon in the UK (other than the farjo's) anywhere near my head. Celebs like sean williamson and duncan bannatyne have publicly said they went to farjo. Also, if you look at the september (current) mens health issue, there's an interview with Dr Farjo.

Do your homework and listen to what others are telling you. They just could be helping you dodge a bullet - Like they helped me.

Good Luck.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Hi mate, like the guys above recommend...I would avoid the Hospital Group. I went there around 5 years ago and the results I got from them were shocking. Not sure about the current surgeon but Greaves did mine and he wasnt very good. I would suggest speaking to Spex and do lots of research. Good luck

Hi I live in Dublin Ireland , and I flew to Dr Scott Alexander in phoenix last month would recommend the trip, fabulous staff and place phoenix Arizona, flights direct from the UK, they even put you up in the Biltmore very nice surroundings to enjoy, the commute is no problem.

Hi TB

Do yourself a favour and go to Heathrow and jump on a plane to a coalition doctor.

I also went to Dr Alexander and flew directly from T5 to Phoenix with BA, it is very straight forward and I am very happy with my results.

In all likelihood you will probably end up paying less for the same number of grafts by going to the US, even including the air fare and travel costs. Plus you will get a first class HT.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

yikes only heard bad things about them i would do as spex says and research research theres no rush take your time and get it right sites like this a very useful

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

I went to them after my first procedure with the infamous Tom Norton when they were Wellsbourne and now I have a bad scar and mis-angled hairs that I'm starting to get fixed this October.

I'm lucky that I dont have pitting or ridging.

Dont go to them if you value your head.

• 1 month later...

DR GOLDSTONE GOT HIS SURGERY DONE OVRSEAS AS HE COULDNT TRUST ANYONE IN THE U.K. NOR ANY OF HIS COLLEAGES TO PERFORM IT BECAUSE THEYRE ALL CRAP.DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING THE SALESMEN TELL YOU BECAUSE I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT DR.GOLDSTONE GOT IT DONE IN AN EXPENSIVE CLINIC OVERSEAS SO DONT GIVE THEM YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY EVEN THOUGH THEY SEEM CHEAP,THEY WILL GIVE YOU NO DENSITY AND BAD DONOR SCARRING AND YOULL NEED TO CORRECT IT ELSEWHERE PLEASE DONT B A FOOL LIKE ME

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

MAXXY,

Good insight.For the recored he has had surgery but due to his very limited donor hair quality he was extremely limited to what he could achieve.

Thank goodness though he can perform excellent surgery for others.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Guys,

As you know, all members are welcome to share their genuine experiences regardless of the clinic or surgeon they've chosen. However, in order to preserve the integrity of this community and protect its members, suspicious posts must be investigated and handled accordingly. The last thing we want is newbies looking for genuine information to be deceived by potentially false testimonies and posts.

Due to the recent number of glowing reviews the Hospital Group has received by first time posters, I became skeptical of whether or not these posters were genuine. Thus a week ago, I sent several messages to various new posters asking for them to substantiate that they are indeed genine patients of the Hospital Group. I figured genuine patients should have no problem confidentially and privately presenting me with documentation proving they've undergone surgery there. However, only one "Lisa Martin" responded.

Since the other posters have not responded within a week, I do not believe these other posters are genuine patients. Thus, I've removed their posts.

In the event any of these posters choose to provide me with the information I've asked for, I will allow them to continue to post their experience. Until they do however, I will not allow potentially false testimonies to damage the integrity of this community and send members to a clinic potentially using covert promotional tactics.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there ThinningBoldly - did you get it done with Dr Goldstone? Does anyone else know of Dr Goldstone? It is just that I am having an op with him for HT on the 20th April. I have paid my ??500 deposit to the THG and only just found this site - is it really this horrific? I understand that there are bad reviews but are there ANY good?

Really worried!

Originally posted by Bill - Managing Publisher:

Guys,

As you know, all members are welcome to share their genuine experiences regardless of the clinic or surgeon they've chosen. However, in order to preserve the integrity of this community and protect its members, suspicious posts must be investigated and handled accordingly. The last thing we want is newbies looking for genuine information to be deceived by potentially false testimonies and posts.

Due to the recent number of glowing reviews the Hospital Group has received by first time posters, I became skeptical of whether or not these posters were genuine. Thus a week ago, I sent several messages to various new posters asking for them to substantiate that they are indeed genine patients of the Hospital Group. I figured genuine patients should have no problem confidentially and privately presenting me with documentation proving they've undergone surgery there. However, only one "Lisa Martin" responded.

Since the other posters have not responded within a week, I do not believe these other posters are genuine patients. Thus, I've removed their posts.

In the event any of these posters choose to provide me with the information I've asked for, I will allow them to continue to post their experience. Until they do however, I will not allow potentially false testimonies to damage the integrity of this community and send members to a clinic potentially using covert promotional tactics.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill, I want to commend you for the good work you are doing at protecting the 'false claims' from 'false posters' this is a really important job to be sorting out the honest from the false claims.. it shows just what lengths they will go to, to grab in people without any concern for there health or well being.. well done Bill.

I really think this needs to be said and made clear that this is very serious issue for someone (mostly a newbie looking for some honest support) to believe what a poster is telling them to be true.

ThinningBoldly, I only want to be 100% honest with you....and if you was my brother..a friend or even just someone in the street asking for advice.... I would tell you to grab your coat and RUN AS FAR AWAY FROM THAT HOSPITAL GROUP CLINIC AS YOUR LEGS WILL CARRY YOU!! Before you make the biggest mistake of your life.

This is my honest opinion and I have had 4 ht's and know what I am talking about, as I suffered a terrible HT in the UK that ruined my life for a long time! Please CANCEL.. there are some GREAT GENUINE people that can and will help you to achieve your goals.

I am from the UK and I would definitely recommend you having a chat with Spex. I know its the best decision I made contacting Spex..

http://www.hairhelp.myzen.co.uk

All the very best...you deserve the best so take your time... you dont need to rush this... the most important thing is you end up with the best natural result possible as you will have it for the rest of your life

Just to show you what you have escaped happening to you, have a look at this guys experience with the Hospital Group.. (very similar to my own results in the UK)

http://hair-restoration-info.c...861/m/7611093393/p/1

and you can see how great he is looking now! Your very lucky guy and wise to have researched them before you went ahead.

Take care icon_smile.gif

Its only ??500, I'd take the loss and look for a good clinic, The Hospital Group have ruined a lot of lives, I had 3 HT's with them. Why did I keep going back? I didnt know any better, I was young and the procedures gave low yeild results with bad angles so I didnt get any coverage, so kept going back to add more density, but was never successful.

Originally posted by Sparky:

Its only ??500, I'd take the loss and look for a good clinic, The Hospital Group have ruined a lot of lives, I had 3 HT's with them. Why did I keep going back? I didnt know any better, I was young and the procedures gave low yeild results with bad angles so I didnt get any coverage, so kept going back to add more density, but was never successful.

Sorry to hear you have been a victim Sparky.. (3 times!) your post will help many guys from the same fate with any luck.

If he still goes to The Hospital Group after reading this, he's nuts.

Take care mate.