Started Topical finestiride finally

I m making a solution propylen glycol/ethanol/water  30% 50% 20% 2ml with 1.25mg of fin. Doing it every other day and i will move it to every day if i see no results. Already had 4 applications of topical and i have no cosmetic issues with it. I added perfume to give it a nice smell. Anyone here doing the same thing? 

I hope this works out well for me. This is my first treatment. If this doesnt work i will move to higher dosages, if that doesnt work i will move to oral. But i have high hopes for this. Also adding castor oil orally because i dont want to get into minoxidil just yet. Castor oil doesnt make you shed a shit ton when you stop using it but its not as good as minox too. Its just for a small boost of hair growth. Stopped dermarolling because i dont want fin to go too much systemic 

• Administrators

Are you making this solution, or are you buying it pre-made? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Are you making this solution, or are you buying it pre-made? 

I am making it myself. It was only tough getting propylen glycol where i live but i got a 1 liter bottle which was an overkill since i use 0.6ml per dose :D. It mixed pretty well and i dont have bad scalp irritation from it. Its not hard doing it, takes 5 minutes. I m wondering if this is going to work doing it every other day. I m still very early in my hairloss so i guess i have a bit more time to experiment with the treatments..Hope this helps me keep my hair on because i d love to have what i have right now for atleast 15 years, but probably even more.

Wow. I've never heard of anyone making a solution themselves, so props to you. You might be the only one, so I guess you'll be leading the charge in regards to letting folks know if it works or not. ;)  

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

9 hours ago, pkipling said:

Wow. I've never heard of anyone making a solution themselves, so props to you. You might be the only one, so I guess you'll be leading the charge in regards to letting folks know if it works or not. ;)  

I m not the only one. Kevin Mann from youtube was mixing fin with loreal serioxyl. I m doing the same but i m making the solution myself. There are 5alpha enzimes on your scalp so its very much possible to stop the conversion to DHT on the scalp. I ve seen people using finestiride gel too. I think more people that are not in the emergency hairloss state should give it a try.

3 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Good luck man! Stick to it for at least 6months...I’ve recently seen some info from some studies that show topical fin to be better at fighting scalp dht than oral fin.

There is no reason not to believe that it works. I believe that it could be more effective than the oral. The only downside could be that its harder to use. I ll let everyone know whats happening when its relevant. So far i m 2 weeks on it and i could possible be losing less hair. Atleast i ve noticed less hair shed daily. Could be just the fact that i wash my hair daily now, time will tell

• Like 1

I regret not doing bloodwork for DHT before starting topical fin. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that every doctor was offering only ECLIA methodology for messuring my hormone levels. You should avoid ECLIA for hormones at all cost since its missleading. I will try to find a lab that does LC/MS MS methodology and do DHT bloodwork and see if i can get anything useful out of that information.

The most important thing about topicals is to find the low enough does that works because having high dosages defeats the purpose. You are better off just swallowing the pill then. Since this drug has diminishing returns, that means even if you managed to absorb 0.2mg, you would get a lot of systemic DHT reduction. If anyone decides to do this, please do the blood work before and after. That info is actually really important for everyone. 

Topical fin should 100% work without a doubt, but its just a question if you get the right dose to prevent a lot of systemic absorption 

• 4 months later...

Here i am 5 months later. So the first month i had a mild testicular pain that lasted almost 2 weeks. It never returned and i m 100% fine, 100% no sides atleast that i can note. My libido i stronger than ever. So about results.

I have no progression of hairloss which is great. I might have noticed some new hairs popping out too. But i think this is mostly because of the systemic absorption. I m almost 100% sure i have enough of this drug in my blood to be compared to 0.5mg daily oral dose. I was trying 2 times a day, 1 time but high dose etc etc. Because of its light molecular weight, it easily goes systemic. But then again, minoxidil is even lighter but doesnt go too much systemic. That means we either need to apply: high density solution (example from some study, they did 0.2ml of 0.25% fin which idk hhow was it possible to apply only 0.2 on scalp) or solution that contains 0.2mg of fin per 1 millilitre. We dont know if dose as low as 0.2 would do the work but one thing is for sure, at worst (in my opinion) you will absorb 0.1 which wont do much in blood. Thats how i think about it. I still keep on applying it daily (1mg of fin), and i will as long as i feel ok because its more of a psychological thing for me, i feel safer using topical. If you had sides on oral and cant do anything else to save your hair, i suggest doing really low topical fin concetrations like 0.2mg per 1ml (0.02% i think).