Microneedling Thread *Give Me More HAIR

Melvin- Admin

On 2/26/2020 at 1:53 AM, CosmoKramer said:

Great to see your own microneedling progress thread, @Melvin-Moderator! Definitely following!

I too noticed a faster heart rate if I applied my Minoxidil right after a session so now I wait at least an hour or two and it less of an issue, and yeah , it shows that the Minoxidil is absorbing better.

Two week is way early and the only progress you’ll see is shedding of any native hairs that are miniaturized or in the process of miniaturization as the better blood flow/oxygen/nutrition to the bulb kicks it into action, I shed a bunch the first few weeks and this was before I even started incorporating any Minoxidil (which I did about a few weeks later).

I would definitely recommend getting a small glass atomizer or spray bottle and fill it with filtered water then add some drops of peppermint oil and spray your scalp with it before each microneedling session...as wet hair makes it easier to use the derma roller so as not to damage existing hairs and the peppermint oil drops get the blood flow going too.

@CosmoKramer I wanted to know if dermarolling with the derma pen has helped at all with ur shock loss I. Ur donor area. I gave one of these pens and used a little before I had my hair transplant. I got a lil shock loss or overharvesting on one side and I am at 15 wks post ht. I been applying minoxidil but thought about using the pen when applying . I used before at 1.5 mm depth. I saw ur post from last year and wondered what the end result been for you in ur donor area

On 5/18/2020 at 4:58 PM, Egy said:

0972CC91-529E-406B-A11D-9A3748C134E9.thumb.jpeg.eb02a26611504f040cf3164f592bcc55.jpegTwo and a half months of use of  Microneedling/Dermaroller. Precise that I have never cut my hair from the first photo to date, so the length can give an optical illusion.  I will update in a couple of months.

So this is without min and fin right?

9 hours ago, Min12 said:

So this is without min and fin right?

I use Minoxidil and Finasteride in a single solution and on the advice of the user @duchaine immediately after using the dermaroller, I apply a few drops of peppermint.

Have anybody tried the microneedling on a donor area that may have been overharvested and shown any new growth. I kno the overharvested area has less grafts now but was there any new hairs due to possible diffusion that was present before the transplant. I was wondering if using a derma pen at 1.5 with minoxidil in a donor area after a transplant would help at all with thickening up those thin areas. Gas anybody tried or had any success trying this 

On 6/2/2020 at 2:00 PM, JohnnyJ said:

@CosmoKramer I wanted to know if dermarolling with the derma pen has helped at all with ur shock loss I. Ur donor area. I gave one of these pens and used a little before I had my hair transplant. I got a lil shock loss or overharvesting on one side and I am at 15 wks post ht. I been applying minoxidil but thought about using the pen when applying . I used before at 1.5 mm depth. I saw ur post from last year and wondered what the end result been for you in ur donor area

Hey man, to answer your answer your question..

I did notice an area on my left side the looked slightly over harvested so last year when I first started microneedling I started on that area as well with my Dr pen @ 1mm and applied MinoxFoam after, I did notice some fine new hairs beginning to grow, I’m not sure if the new hairs grew from within the tiny scar tissue from the fue or from surrounding tissue but it looked like some growth. I have not microneedle that area for months now but I have noticed the new hairs did mature better and are dark in an area that is mostly grey/white hairs on my sides, so to me it does look much better.

Personally, I would definitely recommend trying and using a derma roller or pen on your donor & MinoxFoam to kick start new hair growth to improve density in over harvested areas for at least 6 months and staying consistent...before you go for SMP.