From India: HT done by Dr Pathomvanich

Hi,

Congratulations. I guess you had a FUT with a TRICHOPHYTIC closure? How does your scar look now? I would appreciate if you could please share a picture of the donor scar. I am considering a HT but very confused between FUT and FUE. Thanks.

yes didi has asked the exact same question as i had wanted. u did a FUT with tricophytic closure? i had an appt with them and the nice doc insists that thats the way to go, rather than FUE. I was quite intent on FUE but undecided now. I think Dr Pat does not offer FUE anymore...

my pt and biggest worry is the scar? Since it has been a few months since ur procedure, hows the scar? Any pictures?

thanks!!!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Hi,

Sorry for delay in reply. Yes, I had FUT with a TRICHOPHYTIC closure. After going through forum for me FUT was perefectly fine.

My scar has heeled really well and it is difficult to find now. I will take few snaps and update on my blog on either coming Sunday or next weekend.

Except first 15 days after surgery when there is slight swelling due to cut and stiching creats bump, no one has noticed anything unusual with my Donor area/scar.

I think atleast in my case scar will be only visible when I shave my head completely which is anyway highly unlikey for me icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

you have mentioned in your blog that you shortlisted the doc based on recommendations.. are you talking about recommendation on this forum?

how u managed to judge that his work is superior to others..

I am planning to go to him.. but just want to be sure

Holy Cow!!! Your HT results are awesome buddy. Dr. Path really did a wonderful job, judging by the 6 month post-HT results that you posted. I'd imagine an absolutely amazing look around 12-14 months post-HT. Excellent work.

Well, If not the quantity, the quality of hair will surely improve over the next 6 months. The hair will get thicker and this will give an illusion of even more density.

Also as all hair do not grow at the same pace, many baby hair right now will grow upto its full length.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still no response from you ... does that mean u had no basis of choosing him... maybe that is the reason why u cant respond to my basic question...

This forum cant be basis for choosing a doctor.. because it is just a forum...

This forum cant be basis for choosing a doctor.. because it is just a forum...

Maverick,

While I'm not answering for the patient you are addressing, I want to address the above comment.

While we do encourage all patients to research all physicians they are considering, we do have a very thorough prescreening process in evaluating doctors for potential recommendation. To see how we recommend hair restoration physicians, click here. Because physicians recommended on the Hair Transplant Network have proven to produce consistent excellent results, many hair loss sufferers are comfortable choosing one of them after they've done their own due diligence in researching them.

I hope this helps,

Bill

Thanx there Bill for your input....it really did help...did not realise that was perhaps questioning the forum which I wasnt (i guess my bald spot was really itching that day)...since have shortlisted Dr. Path based on the recommendations provided on this forum itself!!!!! Some of the members have been really helpful and forthcoming.

And thanx to this forum .. i might be having a hair full head soooon icon_smile.gif

Hi Dreamer,

Not sure if you still following up this thread.

I'm also from India, and gone through HT procedure from Dr. Pathomvanich exactly 1 month back (3017 grafts).

Though my donor site has healed pretty well, many of the transplanted hairs are still not fallen. As the surgery was done after shaving the balding area (had some miniaturized hair in that region), I'm not sure what percentage of grafts still have hairs not fallen. Just doubting if that is okay..

Could you please suggest on what is the name of Minoxidil 5 mg drug in Indian market that you have been taking, and the usage? Currently, I'm taking Finpecia 1 mg daily (Indian version of Propecia).

Will be waiting for your response.

Thanks a lot.

Nand.

I'm from Australia and I had a appointment with Dr Path last year and found him and his staff to be very friendly.

I'm still considering a hair transplant with him. The thing is I prefer to shave my hair down to 5mm (in the warmer months) and I'm concerned the scar will be visible if I go ahead with an FUT with him (or anyone else). So I'm now trying to research FUE surgeons as I think this may be a better option for me.

I'm certainly keeping Dr Path in mind though.

Nand, it is 5% Minoxidil, not 5mg. The one that I came across in India is called Tugain and costs something like Rs. 400 per bottle (60ml, 1 month supply). I saw one more brand with the same specs and price but cannot remember the name. Your pharmacist should be able to help.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi drmstx, confused123 icon_smile.gif

Thanks a lot for your replies!

It's around 7 weeks since my transplant and there is lot of irritation and itching at the scalp, also few pimples coming up here n there.

Doubting if it's safe to use Mintop Forte!

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Nand.

Nand, I assume pimples are quite common post-surgery. In fact, my doc told me it is a healthy sign to get pimples after a HT.

I do not see why you cannot apply minoxidil even if you have a few zits on the top. Should not be an issue IMO.

Confused, thanks for the name - Mintop. I don't know how I forgot that name.

I tried both Tugain and Mintop for the first 1.5-2 months after my HT. There is some glycol based compound in both of those and I developed severe irritations, itchiness and rashes on my scalp. I came back to the US and started Rogaine foam and Kirkland Minox with no issues at all.