Worth their time?

I’ve wondered the same. I imagine if you need say 500 grafts or so, they would do it. Maybe fit in another patient before/after you to make it an entire day of surgery. You’ll likely pay a premium for those limited grafts however. They still need to setup and whatnot and make it worth their time.

maybe there’s a minimum required for fut however. I assume you’re going for fue 

• Moderators

Dr Feller used to advertise that he did small FUE sessions that he called lunchtime FUE. I think it was in the range of 200 to 500 grafts. I don't know if Dr Bloxham of Feller and Bloxham still does small FUE sessions. I can tell you I've had two sessions of just over 600 FUE grafts done by Dr Dorin at True & Dorin. He estimated that he would do 500, so I know they will do a session as low as 500.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 2/15/2020 at 10:36 PM, John Doe said:

If you need a few hundred grafts to address density or areas that need touched up from other transplant and want to go to a different dr, is there an amount that’s not worth the dr’s time? 300-500 grafts?

Yeah they will. Hattingen Hair, where I had mine done, does small touch ups with FUE. When I was having surgery done, one of the doctors (it is a wife/husband team) did a small FUE of around 120 grafts into an FUT scar in the next room.

Where are you looking at getting it done?

All cases should be important to the doctor. No matter what size the case is. Yes more money is made with larger cases but that should not deter the doctor from helping patients who only require smaller cases. They can be just as rewarding when the patient s is very pleased with the outcome.