Fut Scar Pain Timeline.

If you had an fut procedure describe how it went from beginning til when you had no more pain\numbness.( scar donor wise )

Edited by Tbcruz

Week 1.  Soreness, irritating pain in certain spots when trying to sleep with sutures.

Week 2.  Meds not really required after 7-10 days.  Still a bit sore.  Occasionally pin-prick type sensations.  Feeling of tight scalp

Week 3+.  Maybe occasional random pin-prick feelings every now and again.  Scalp tightness fading.

Month 2-3.  Gradual improvement.  Only slightly sore.  No need for any meds at all

Month 6-7.  Feeling much more 'normal' like it never happened.  Minor feeling of tightness.

Month 12+.  Totally recovered, like it never happened.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

11 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

Week 1.  Soreness, irritating pain in certain spots when trying to sleep with sutures.

Week 2.  Meds not really required after 7-10 days.  Still a bit sore.  Occasionally pin-prick type sensations.  Feeling of tight scalp

Week 3+.  Maybe occasional random pin-prick feelings every now and again.  Scalp tightness fading.

Month 2-3.  Gradual improvement.  Only slightly sore.  No need for any meds at all

Month 6-7.  Feeling much more 'normal' like it never happened.  Minor feeling of tightness.

Month 12+.  Totally recovered, like it never happened.

Thanks matt that’s exactly what I was looking for lol.

Did you have numbness around the scar ? Everything seems to be going good with mine no pain except for what you described. I have this numbness from the scar up (like 1 inch) I was just wondering if you experienced anything like that ? 

My head was numb for months. Only really got full feeling back around 6 months. It only really irritated me until the staples came out after 2 weeks. I didn't need to take meds at all after I left the clinic. I would change Matt's "only slightly sore" to 1-2 months rather than 2-3 and for me it has been like it never happened from about the 8/9 month mark.