Crown issue

So this is quite a long story but I had one procedure in 2014 and I’m still happy.  The issue is I was on proscar which stopped working so I switched to finasteride and got chest pain/mood swings. So basically I’m off medication for good and from the procedure before a little bit of work was done on the crown centre but there’s patchiness around it. Contacted a physician in Belgium who I found quite rude and told me he wouldn’t consider consulting with someone not on medication. Was off medication about a year ago.

can anyone recommend a physician who would do a top up in the crown area?  Thinking of farjo or possibly Thailand.  Emailed both over the weekend and not heard anything yet. Thanks guys

10 hours ago, jameslondon said:

So this is quite a long story but I had one procedure in 2014 and I’m still happy.  The issue is I was on proscar which stopped working so I switched to finasteride and got chest pain/mood swings. So basically I’m off medication for good and from the procedure before a little bit of work was done on the crown centre but there’s patchiness around it. Contacted a physician in Belgium who I found quite rude and told me he wouldn’t consider consulting with someone not on medication. Was off medication about a year ago.

can anyone recommend a physician who would do a top up in the crown area?  Thinking of farjo or possibly Thailand.  Emailed both over the weekend and not heard anything yet. Thanks guys

I would advise you to stay clear of Thailand.
I saw Farjo results when I was researching for my first HT in 2008 and back then it was nothing special, today its lagged even further behind the competition.

Crown work is a really difficult surgery and you need a really great Doctor to design the crown vortex so that means having a surgery in which the Doctor will be in charge of all the implantation (most often it’s techs doing this part of the surgery which for me was a dealbreaker). 
Take a look at my crown work and see if the vortex design Dr. Pekiner (2.15€/graft) made for me is to your liking. 

Other Doctors doing the whole surgery I also had on my short list are Dr. Bruno Ferreira (2.5€/graft) and if you don’t need BHT and require a maximum of 2400 graft -  Dr. Keser (3.5€/graft). 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jameslondon said:

Proscar is the brand name for the drug finasteride. Not sure what u mean by your statement regarding proscar vs finasteride

13 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

I would advise you to stay clear of Thailand.
I saw Farjo results when I was researching for my first HT in 2008 and back then it was nothing special, today its lagged even further behind the competition.

Crown work is a really difficult surgery and you need a really great Doctor to design the crown vortex so that means having a surgery in which the Doctor will be in charge of all the implantation (most often it’s techs doing this part of the surgery which for me was a dealbreaker). 
Take a look at my crown work and see if the vortex design Dr. Pekiner (2.15€/graft) made for me is to your liking. 

Other Doctors doing the whole surgery I also had on my short list are Dr. Bruno Ferreira (2.5€/graft) and if you don’t need BHT and require a maximum of 2400 graft -  Dr. Keser (3.5€/graft). 

Thanks for sharing and for advice. I feel that Farjo also go on the conservative side as a policy which seems to assume that density will be maintained, i would prefer the best result possible obviously.  Been to their Manchester clinic and wary of any clinic that has a Harley st office

I contacted the Thailand physician from here a few times, heard nothing back.  Researched the doctors you mention, they all seem elite and I’d heard of one from my previous research 6 years ago.  Think this is going to take some time to make a decision, really appreciate your help and hope all is well with you

11 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

Proscar is the brand name for the drug finasteride. Not sure what u mean by your statement regarding proscar vs finasteride

Proscar is finasteride at 5mg per tablet and Propecia is finasteride at 1mg per tablet, the recommended daily dose for treating MPB.

Edited by gillenator

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY