Hair tansplant in Turkey

Hi, I am a 43 year old scandinavian looking to get a transplant in Turkey in the next couple of months. Do you guys have any recommendations if price is not a factor?

I have looked into Dhi and Fue, but everybody is stating something different and some of the clinics looks a bit shady in their advertising.

Thx in advance, every advice or suggestion is much appreciated:)

@Jay13 be very careful when choosing a Doctor or clinic in Turkey because it’s the world capital of botched hair transplants. 

I did my research and had my second HT in Turkey but I concluded that if you don’t select one of the Doctors below then you will have a high risk of joining the botched FUE Club:

1. Dr. Kaan Pekiner charges 2.15€/graft, 1 patient per day, does the whole surgery himself with manual FUE so he is limited to 1200 grafts per day and uses stick&place to implant. Has experience doing mega sessions using beard grafts. 
2. Dr. Keser charges 3.5€/graft has just 1 patient per day and does the whole surgery himself with manual FUE but he uses his own punch that limits him to 600 grafts per day. Implants also with stick&place. He is focused on dense hairlines. 
3. HLC Ankara is the best and only clinic one should consider in Turkey. They charge 2.7€/graft and also perform manual FUE with the Doctor doing the whole surgery but because it’s a Clinic they don’t tell us which of the clinic’s Doctor will be doing the surgery. Have a lot of experience doing mega sessions with beard grafts.

Follow @duchaine advice and check other countries. Like Porto/Portugal that has @Dr. Bruno Ferreira. He charges 2.5€/graft and also only has 1 patient per day but uses DHI with Lion Implanter Pens (the most recent FUE technique). He also works in Madrid at Dr. Jose Lorenzo clinic (one of the best in the world charging 5€/graft). 

If you don’t care about price then go to Dr. Raymond Konior (8US/graft and 2 year wait list) or Dr. Juan Couto (5€/graft and 2 year wait list).

If you need any further information feel free to PM me. 

Edited by Portugal25

When you plan with lower budget you can also take Dr. Demirsoy into your consideration. One patient per day, extracts and is doing the slits on his own. Just use the search function or try the german forum.  But the other members are right...don't limit your search on turkey...and don't build your decision on a specific country!

Edited by nightcrawler

@nightcrawler if someone wants low budget Turkey I have found that there is a cheaper option than Demirsoy which is olny know to Turkish people - Esma&Serkan Tetik.

They have dozens of patient posting their results on the Turkish forum sacekimisonuclari.com and seem to only be catering Turkish, offering them Turkish prices 0,6€/graft.

I also read that Esma does the whole surgery and they limit to 1500-2000 grafts per day using a micromotor to extract the grafts and implanting them with the DHI technique using Lion Implanter Pens. 

I still think it`s a safer bet to go to the TOP 3 Doctors in Turkey and avoid low cost options.

Edited by Portugal25

@Portugal25 may be that there is another option but what is your backround to say a better option. I had my tranplant with Dr. Demirsoy about 3 month ago and everything is on track as it should be also my personal experience with Demirsoy was very positive! I was also struggling which Dr. ( Kaan, HLC, Keser) but decided to go for Demirsoy because I like the hairline, etc.. You see it is always individual and at some point there are only nuances in the results! 

@nightcrawler it’s true Demirsoy does have some nice results on this forum and surely you will also achieve a great result. Right now he is the world’s most affordable Doctor with patient results in this forum. 

This Esma & Serkan is too much of a risk because they only have Turkish patients posting on the Turkish forum. Don’t even know if these two are actually Doctors or techs but surely they speak zero English.

Edited by Portugal25

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

@nightcrawler it’s true Demirsoy does have some nice results on this forum and surely you will also achieve a great result. Right now he is the world’s most affordable Doctor with patient results in this forum. 

This Esma & Serkan is too much of a risk because they only have patient posting on the Turkish forum. Don’t even know if these two are actually Doctors or techs but surely they speak zero English.

Serkan is a dermatologist. He does nothing except hairline design.
Hair. loss mentor made a video on his clinic.
You can find a lot of sermon results on Italian forum and on facebook "esperienza trapianto capelli in Turchia". Some are good (15%), others are average §(the great part) and some don't fit my taste at all.

7 hours ago, duchaine said:

Serkan is a dermatologist. He does nothing except hairline design.
Hair. loss mentor made a video on his clinic.
You can find a lot of sermon results on Italian forum and on facebook "esperienza trapianto capelli in Turchia". Some are good (15%), others are average §(the great part) and some don't fit my taste at all.

@duchaine you are talking about Serkan Aygin and I agree with you when you wrote that he has average results (also many bad ones). 

These two Esme and Serkan Tetik are getting way better results than Serkan Aygin but charge a ridiculous price of 0.6€/graft per graft.  Search Esma&Serkan Tetik on the Turkish forum sacekimisonuclari.com

They were part of Dr. Hakan Doganay  team before venturing out on their own but Dr. Hakan has several patients on the forums complaining of bad results and crazy stuff like re-using Implantor Pens, so I am not sure If I should keep talking about these two...

Edited by Portugal25

For me Demirsoys results are close to the mentioned top 3. He does not do stick and place, makes motorised extraction and doesn't go for very high density (over 50) but with 1.25 per Graft he's far cheaper than the others. The reasons may be that he doesn't do a lot advertisement, he has only one external representative and not to many administration around him. But as already mentioned this is my own opinion and its always individual taste...

5 hours ago, nightcrawler said:

For me Demirsoys results are close to the mentioned top 3. He does not do stick and place, makes motorised extraction and doesn't go for very high density (over 50) but with 1.25 per Graft he's far cheaper than the others. The reasons may be that he doesn't do a lot advertisement, he has only one external representative and not to many administration around him. But as already mentioned this is my own opinion and its always individual taste...

Nope don’t think that’s not the reason. They all only have 1 patient per day but Keser and Kaan do between 600 to 1500 grafts maximum per day and Demirsoy can do more than 4000 grafts so he can charge half the price of Dr. Kaan and 1/3 of Keser and still have the same daily turnover or more at his clinic. It’s simple mathematics. 

In my case, I chose not to accept doing a FUE transplant without the Doctor being next to me every step of the surgery and preferred a Doctor that was doing small amounts per day with either DHI or stick&place. This choice had a premium price for Turkey but many will say it was cheap for having a whole clinic and it’s staff fully committed to my surgery during 3 days.

Edited by Portugal25

Thanks alot to all of you guys, it has been a great help. ¨

RIght now, fir me it has narrowed it down to either HLC in Ankara in April or Dr Bruno Ferreira in mid march.

I would like to et on with the procedure asap, but both places must have en extensive waitinglist, since that is the earliest available date. I guess that is a good sign:)

I think HLC is doing regular FUE and Dr Ferreira is doing DHi. 

If you were going, who would you pick? I am leaning a bit to Dr. Ferreira, since I heard healing time was shorter with DHI.

Please speak your thoughts, any advice is much appreciated:)

5 minutes ago, Jay13 said:

Thanks alot to all of you guys, it has been a great help. ¨

RIght now, fir me it has narrowed it down to either HLC in Ankara in April or Dr Bruno Ferreira in mid march.

I would like to et on with the procedure asap, but both places must have en extensive waitinglist, since that is the earliest available date. I guess that is a good sign:)

I think HLC is doing regular FUE and Dr Ferreira is doing DHi. 

If you were going, who would you pick? I am leaning a bit to Dr. Ferreira, since I heard healing time was shorter with DHI.

Please speak your thoughts, any advice is much appreciated:)

Bruno. Stop

@Jay13 I would chose Dr. Bruno because HLC has 6 doctors so there is no way to compare with Dr. Bruno because you don’t know the doctor doing your surgery and therefore you can’t compare results between the 2 doctors. 
The most experienced doctor at HLC Dr. Akin is really good so If I knew it was him doing the surgery it would be a really tuff choice.
HLC has a dedicated clinic and Dr. Bruno has a luxury operating room at a plastic surgery clinic (in terms of dedicated facilities HLC is obviously better). 
Dr. Bruno is doing DHI and HLC is doing manual FUE with stick&place. 
Ankara is really unappealing and nobody speaks English. Porto is a trendy European city where everyone speaks English and use Uber to get around. 

Edited by Portugal25

49 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@Jay13 I would chose Dr. Bruno because HLC has 6 doctors so there is no way to compare with Dr. Bruno because you don’t know the doctor doing your surgery and therefore you can’t compare results between the 2 doctors. 
The most experienced doctor at HLC Dr. Akin is really good so If I knew it was him doing the surgery it would be a really tuff choice (the founder, Dr. Ozgur is great but he’s not doing surgeries).
HLC has a luxury clinic and Dr. Bruno has a luxury operating room at a plastic surgery clinic (in terms of dedicated facilities HLC is obviously better). 
Dr. Bruno is doing DHI and HLC is doing manual FUE with stick&place. 

As you know, I visited HLC while I was there and there are some statements to correct:
a) Ozgur does surgeries. I saw him doing
b) the clinic is not a luxury clinic. They do not pay attention to "luxury stuff" but pay a lot of attention to more important and technical things

Anyway, I would choose Bruno because, from what I've seen, he is very skilled and prepared.

1 hour ago, duchaine said:

As you know, I visited HLC while I was there and there are some statements to correct:
a) Ozgur does surgeries. I saw him doing
b) the clinic is not a luxury clinic. They do not pay attention to "luxury stuff" but pay a lot of attention to more important and technical things

Anyway, I would choose Bruno because, from what I've seen, he is very skilled and prepared.

Thanks @duchaine I was under the impression HLC was a luxury clinic and was told that Ozgur was not doing surgeries but glad to hear that is not true because he is a great surgeon. 

2 hours ago, duchaine said:

Bruno. Stop

On what is this opinion based? Just on the number of surgeons at HLC?

Are there many patient reports of Ferreira? From HLC I have seen a lot in various forums and they look great. I have seen almost no patient reports from Ferreira (even though the few clinic reports I have seen look very promising).  

2 hours ago, Jay13 said:

... I heard healing time was shorter with DHI.

Unfortunately, there is no evidence to support this opinion. Both sides (slites vs. DHI) claim the same benefits: Faster healing and better growth.

The only benefit of implanter pen which is undeniable in my opinion is "unshaven" recipient is easier with this method. 

Edited by Gasthoerer

19 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Are there many patient reports of Ferreira? From HLC I have seen a lot in various forums and they look great. I have seen almost no patient reports from Ferreira (even though the few clinic reports I have seen look very promising).  

From personal consultation with them. Other questions?

31 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Thanks @duchaine I was under the impression HLC was a luxury clinic and was told that Ozgur was not doing surgeries but glad to hear that is not true because he is a great surgeon. 

He is funny and kind...he likes kidding and is a very smiling person.
Anyway, when he starts to work, his face changes and he has a completely different attitude.

If you compare KP's office and HLC, KP's office is more luxury.

Edited by duchaine

29 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

I think Dr. Ferreira even deleted the patient results he posted here. 
Maybe it’s because he is a staff member at Dr. Lorenzo clinic in Madrid.
So yes it’s difficult to see several results and it’s probably because most of them belong to Lorenzo’s clinic. 

Edited by Portugal25

11 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Care to elaborate so that the forum can understand what you opinion is based on?

Let me say that I had great impressions from both HLC and BF and it is a really hard to choose between them.

1) analysis of the patient
both of them pay a lot of attention to consultation. I had a personal consultation with HLC while I had an online consultation with BF. 
Considering my situation, at HLC they extracted 7 UF and in 10 sec they said: "ok, you are a good candidate for HT". It is the attitude of people who know they job.
Bruno received my pic, my triocoscopy and the image of my hf. he carefully analyzed every aspect of my hair and sent me 2 email where he explained why he thought I was a good candidate.
It is really rare that a clinic extract your FU to see if you are a good candidate.
It is really rare a doc responds to customers requests and go so deep into details.
For me is a tie!

2) harline design
when I went for live consultation at HLC I had a bald head, because I had an (aborted) HT with another doc in Ankara. In the same day, I sent my pics to BF.
At HLC they said "ok, you can have your surgery" while BF said "for me you are a good candidate, but I want to meet you in 3-5 months because at the moment I'm not able to design an hairline. I need to see the coverage effect of your hair".
At HLC, Dr Ozgur design the hairline with an assistance, an elegant woman who stays there as "hairline consultant". I have the impression their first objective is "put quality hair on your head".
For Bf, hairline design is more an artistic work. From what I know, he is like a painter making his art work. 
If I should compare to cars, HLC=BMW, BF=MERCEDES. 
I know it is an hard choice but I like Mercedes

3) surgery
At HLC you have 6 skilled docs. The good part is that 6 person can consult each other if something goes wrong during the operation. They talk each other and share their opinions.
The bad part is that you can have 3 different docs performing your surgery (it has happened) and another doc giving the after surgery instructions.
Bruno Ferreira makes all the work.
It is a matter of choice: do you want a big clinic or a single doctor?

4) customer care
HLC is a bigger structure. They have one person that takes care of patients and tries to give them all the support they need. The only dark side is that you don't have a doc to contact after surgery and their assistant doesn't give you too much attention when you leave from Ankara.
BF takes care of his. patients personally, before, during and after. surgery.
Again: it is like the HLC know what they are doing and they know that it is useless answering to hundreds of question after surgery because only the only thing a patient can do after surgery is...be patient!
Nothing wrong with that, except you suffer OCD. In that case, having a doc that you feel "closer" and you can directly contact is a better option for sure!