Alternative for Turkey?

I’m an African American male. looking for Hair Transplant 

After quite some research, I found many African Americans travel to turkey for their transplant. However,  due to my occupation, I cannot travel to Turkey!

are there Any doctors that specializes in African American/Ethnic groups that is affordable? Can be in United States/ overseas. Hoping for under $8,000 USD.

Edited by Biloxi99

• Administrators

I suggest postponing your research until you can save up a little more money. Currently, it seems that you're basing your decision off what you can afford, rather than the surgeon who would do the best job. Very few clinics perform quality work in Turkey, contrary to the hype. Turkey has the most 'black market FUE' clinics out of any other nation. There's only a few surgeons in Turkey I would trust with my head.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

$8000 will be rare in North America for fue.  But this is based on how many grafts you need.  

if something is done unethically or improperly or what have you, in North America you may have very little recourse after shelling $8,000.  If you end up needing repairs after the first surgery, you may be held hostage to the situation financially as it may cost you way more then what you paid to get repaired.  Trust me on that one.  

it is smart of you to think financially, but research who will do it for you for a good rate.  You may have some docss offer incentives to share photos or come on cancelled surgery days which were meant for other patients at a discount rate. 

Key thing here is to look and evaluate a doctors ethics and their surgical protocol.  Is the doctor performing a surgery on you or a tech?  Who are you paying thousands of dollar for to do a surgery?  Are the tools safe for extraction for your hair type?  What is the doctors yield capability and what density are they planting at?   How much saline will they inject?  Do they use acell?  How many surgeries do they do daily or are you the only patient?  How many grafts do they do daily?  Will they break up your procedure if it is high number of grafts?  Right now I am trying to get my situation fixed and my shit wasn’t done in Turkey.  I am in immense pain and suffering due to it all and it is something that Id rather not have anyone else go through.  So, be really careful and whoever you go to, tell them you will document them online without any preconditions and see who will accept you.  This is a good way to filter out folks who are trying to hustle you.  

best of luck and be safe And best wishes

I look at the other side of the coin - Turkey is not exactly a desired tourist destination especially at this time.  Your safety is more important than your hair.  Review tourist alerts before going anywhere.  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/

EVERYONE SHOULD BOOKMARK THAT LINK - THE RISK CAN BE TOO GREAT.!

TURKEY - Eat your Turkey in the USA.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Turkey.html

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Dazed I sometimes worry about Americans and your preconceptions of the wider world, turkey has had incidents like everywhere else in the world but is still 99% safe. It draws millions of tourists from all round the world each year including myself who has been around 8 times and know it to be a great country with great people. I would think you have more chance of being shot in the us than any thing happen to you in Turkey and I bet the statistics back that up. Go Turkey see what you think taste the food, enjoy the culture  dont just read an article and try and get people to avoid it! 

• Like 1

Turkey borders Syria, Iraq and Iran - that is more than enough information for me.The government has an alert out for Turkey travel, and that is enough for me.   Risk your life if you will to save a few bucks.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Crimes can happen anywhere.  Watch video of young bloggers visiting Turkey.  Turkey is a tourist destination.  I was more alert in costa rica where bandits were known to rob tourists in A town called Jaco.

wherever you go, just be aware of your surroundings- best of luck

31 minutes ago, Dazed said:

Turkey borders Syria, Iraq and Iran - that is more than enough information for me.The government has an alert out for Turkey travel, and that is enough for me.   Risk your life if you will to save a few bucks.

Haha that is a strange way to look at it, Turkey has some top doctors well respected in this field and is a beautiful country which as I say millions of people each year visit and the worst thing which happens to them is sunburn, also isnt Mexico one of the main murder hotspots in the world because of its gangs and cartels so using your logic as it borders America we should stay clear and avoid the states. Anyway stick to what you know if that's how you feel but dont think you should advise people to stay clear of a country if you haven't experienced it

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 7:29 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I suggest postponing your research until you can save up a little more money. Currently, it seems that you're basing your decision off what you can afford, rather than the surgeon who would do the best job. Very few clinics perform quality work in Turkey, contrary to the hype. Turkey has the most 'black market FUE' clinics out of any other nation. There's only a few surgeons in Turkey I would trust with my head.

Noted thank you!

On 11/19/2019 at 10:10 PM, Sean said:

$8000 will be rare in North America for fue.  But this is based on how many grafts you need.  

if something is done unethically or improperly or what have you, in North America you may have very little recourse after shelling $8,000.  If you end up needing repairs after the first surgery, you may be held hostage to the situation financially as it may cost you way more then what you paid to get repaired.  Trust me on that one.  

it is smart of you to think financially, but research who will do it for you for a good rate.  You may have some docss offer incentives to share photos or come on cancelled surgery days which were meant for other patients at a discount rate. 

Key thing here is to look and evaluate a doctors ethics and their surgical protocol.  Is the doctor performing a surgery on you or a tech?  Who are you paying thousands of dollar for to do a surgery?  Are the tools safe for extraction for your hair type?  What is the doctors yield capability and what density are they planting at?   How much saline will they inject?  Do they use acell?  How many surgeries do they do daily or are you the only patient?  How many grafts do they do daily?  Will they break up your procedure if it is high number of grafts?  Right now I am trying to get my situation fixed and my shit wasn’t done in Turkey.  I am in immense pain and suffering due to it all and it is something that Id rather not have anyone else go through.  So, be really careful and whoever you go to, tell them you will document them online without any preconditions and see who will accept you.  This is a good way to filter out folks who are trying to hustle you.  

best of luck and be safe And best wishes

Thank you for this. It’s definitely harder finding qualified doctors that are know for AA transplants. In the mean time I will keep saving up. 

• Like 1

Try getting consult from Dr Mwamba in brussels and Dr Bisanga.  They do have some AA cases they can probably show you to see if it is similar to your hair loss.  Get ideas and consult from bunch of surgeons.  Best of luck

16 hours ago, Sean said:

Crimes can happen anywhere.  Watch video of young bloggers visiting Turkey.  Turkey is a tourist destination.  I was more alert in costa rica where bandits were known to rob tourists in A town called Jaco.

wherever you go, just be aware of your surroundings- best of luck

Jaco is the top spot for prostitution in Costa Rica.  People can do whatever they want.  I have posted the warnings, now it is up to individuals if they want to risk their neck.  Would it be better to remain silent and not tell people of the potential risks involved in 4N travel.  Travel Advisories are for our benefit.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 9:29 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

What are your thoughts on Dr cinik?

I was in Istanbul (Turkey) a week ago and contrary to what I was expecting, the city appeared super safe. Just look for Istanbul on Youtube and you'll see there's no risk of people kidnappingkilling you. Istanbul is in the north of Turkey. Just stay away from south of the country. Place is super touristic. And locals were nice to me, even knowing I'm American.

On 11/19/2019 at 12:47 AM, Biloxi99 said:

I’m an African American male. looking for Hair Transplant 

After quite some research, I found many African Americans travel to turkey for their transplant. However,  due to my occupation, I cannot travel to Turkey!

are there Any doctors that specializes in African American/Ethnic groups that is affordable? Can be in United States/ overseas. Hoping for under $8,000 USD.

Where are you? Have you gotten any consultation(s)? How many grafts do you want? Would you consider FUT?

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

On 12/5/2019 at 5:50 PM, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Where are you? Have you gotten any consultation(s)? How many grafts do you want? Would you consider FUT?

I’m in the U.S. I’ve had two consultations. I’ll probably need 2100 grafts. And yes I would consider FUT

On 12/8/2019 at 2:37 PM, Biloxi99 said:

I’m in the U.S. I’ve had two consultations. I’ll probably need 2100 grafts. And yes I would consider FUT

Is your budget $8,000? If so, I would do it here in the US. You'll have to spend money on substantial airfare, hotel, and uncertainty with Turkey. There are many great docs that are recommended. I can personally vouch for @Dr Blake Bloxham. Give his office a ring or just PM him on here. 

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

On 11/21/2019 at 2:18 PM, Dazed said:

I look at the other side of the coin - Turkey is not exactly a desired tourist destination especially at this time.  Your safety is more important than your hair.  Review tourist alerts before going anywhere.  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/

EVERYONE SHOULD BOOKMARK THAT LINK - THE RISK CAN BE TOO GREAT.!

TURKEY - Eat your Turkey in the USA.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Turkey.html

So funny how some Americans feel the need to "educate" the rest of the world about the safety of European countries not knowing anything apart from FOX TV reports. Turkey is today the No. 1 tourist destination in Europe (22% increase in 2018 alone, 40 Mio tourists, highest growth rate of all European countries) and certainly safer then NYC, Chicago or any other US city, never mind the daily mass shootings in US.

The turkeys stay in the USA, the less ignorant and more open minded travel to see the world and learn ....  LOL

Edited by radipi54
  • Like 1