ASMED 1500 Graft Touch Up 2nd Surgery September 15 2019

cali101

HELLO EVERYONE,

I had a touch up procedure at Asmed about 14 months after my first 4200 Graft procedure. I will post picture shortly but wanted to start thread. I stayed in the new clinic half the trip and Hotel the second half of trip and surprisingly preferred the Clinic.

Everything else about the experience was the same so I will not comment on the quality of everything but it was all still very high. My coordinator Andreea was also great and the communication after surgery has been much better than my first surgery. I am currently almost 5-6 weeks post up and the recovery has been so much easier and haven't had that much shock loss and feel like I haven't shed nearly as much but maybe its still to come? If this is the extent of my "ugly duck" phase I will be happy. I do not even wear a hat out as I think it looks good since I had no new work on my hairline it is still the same as after the first surgery which I think helps frame the face.

Dr Korey was not happy with my results  (the gaps and density issues)and seemed to be willing to put as many graft as needed but he was very concerned about my Donor area and did not want to over harvest. I pushed to get 2k or even 2.5K graft but he did not think it was wise with my thinning donor which I ultimately respected. He gave me the option to put all 1500 grafts in the frontal area to give more density or do 1K grafts in front and 500 to reinforce my crown and make it look better if indeed I do have more loss in my crown or even donor area. I opted for 1500 and 500 in crown to be safer.

I will post pictures from the clinic and some current pictures this weekend.

As before I am happy to answer any questions anyone might have related to having a 2nd corrective surgery or anything else.

1st to 2nd surgery.jpg

before first surgery.jpeg

donor area pre 2nd surgery.JPG

pre 2nd surgery.JPG

post opp 2.jpeg

post op vertex.jpeg

Edited by cali101

Hello sir

thank you for posting this . We have similar loss , similar graft numbers used and similar issues .

your photos look good , as do mine but the density issues meant you have to worry which way  the wind was blowing am I right ?

did you find that the Dr was a little rushed in the first session , but had more time in the second session? Did the dr still do the incisions ? 

Did you feel the result in one side was better than the other ? If so, which one? 

Finally , did they give any reason as to why the result wasn’t as good as they expected?

I read through your posts and surprised  they haven't offered you the touch up as clearly there is a gap and would be an easy fix.  I am not sure if I stated this earlier but I didn't even ask for a touch up procedure...they proactively offered it to me.

Yes I had a density issue but I kept it pretty short so wind didn't;t effect as much. I would say the Evaluation with DR was fasters than my first visit. I really got no special treatment or any extra time explaining why the surgery didn't;t  get the desired results. He just said yes he wasn't; happy with results. The DR did perform all the incisions. I would tell anyone considering ASMED if you are type of patient that needs details and time from DR then this is not your clinic. It really didn't bother me as I knew the process based on my first surgery and ultimately care about results and was happy they wanted to make my results right really without me even asking for help.

I will start posting pictures once I can upload them.. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...