Should I get a hairline transplant?

Hi guys ,

I’m looking to get a hairline transplant this year. I want it around my temple area but don’t know how aggressive I should get it. I want it to be fairly dense.

i have attached pics showing where I want the hairline to end. Keeps in mind that I am 30 years of age.

793161D2-4743-4CCA-A948-B5F93079B8D5.png

577C8260-AF41-4C4B-89F1-72A1AF4CC9AF.png

2F8F9672-3DDB-4F82-8BF0-DC41B1CC4AAB.png

• Administrators

🤔 I would say hold off, I think your hair looks pretty good for 30. Can you show us a top down view? Perhaps were not seeing the severity.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

🤔 I would say hold off, I think your hair looks pretty good for 30. Can you show us a top down view? Perhaps were not seeing the severity.

Yes. Here you go

IMG_20190821_212904.jpg

IMG_20190821_212859.jpg

IMG_20190821_212909.jpg

I think it is important to remember that hair in the front grows forward.  So, whatever you are seeing, visualize an inch below that.  Yes you are thinning and to achieve the same density you appear to have elsewhere, this would warrant a transplant.  However, it should be to reinforce and strengthen what you have....not coming down or adjusting as drastically as you've drawn.  Remember, we are not getting any younger.....

• Administrators

I don’t think you need a hair transplant, at least not now. Have you tried prevention medicine? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If it bothers you enough, why not? Are you on any treatments? If not, I’d give them a shot first to see how you respond as you might be happy enough with the improvement from meds. How long have you been losing hair?

btw best username by far

Edited by jj51702

On 8/21/2019 at 10:23 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

"For 30" is always the swift emotional kick in the gut, isn't it?

Still, I mostly agree. To the original poster: I would echo what others have said and start medical treatments ASAP. Give those 12-18 months and reassess based on results.

If you have already tried meds and had bad side effects that might be a different story.