Is Shedding Hair Normal Or A Sign Of Hair Loss?

• Administrators

What do you guys think? It seems that were so concerned about shedding, that we forget that everyone sheds hair. Thoughts?

Is Shedding Hair Normal Or A Sign Of Hair Loss?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, jj51702 said:

Good topic. It’s easy for us hair focused people to freak out when we see hairs in the sink/shower etc. I’m guilty of it. But take a look at ur gfs/sisters/wife’s comb and you’ll see that daily loss is normal.

My Gf's comb looks like chewbacca. I pulled out a huge clump of her hair off the comb, that looked like Donald Trump's wig lol.

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, Greg_Swanson said:

I'm pretty sure it was @LaserCap that discussed how shedding isn't necessarily a sign of loss, and it's the loss you DON'T see that you should be concerned about.

Shedding has caused me a lot of stress, but it usually comes back fine. 

Precisely!