Catdogman

Can you destroy grafts by pressure?

Hi guys,
Hope it is transplant paranoia again. But 11 days post op I was patting my recipient area dry. And I noticed that I actually accidentally applied a lot of pressure on my recipient area with my hands since it felt so healed. Is it possible to crush the grafts like this? I am afraid I ruined it all now ☹️:(. I know they are anchored after 10ish days and can't be pulled out. But I am talking about applying pressure and crush them against the scalp.

Hope you guys can help me out with this one..

Grafts are safely anchored in to the scalp past 9 days.

• Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Grafts are safely anchored in to the scalp past 9 days.

So you think I didn't squash them against my scalp ? Like for example you get hit by a ball on the skull, can't you crush them against the scalp bone?

Typically the first 3 days post op are critical.  In 7-9 days all pretty much returns to normal.  If you hit your head accidentally, you're hitting the outer wall and should have no affect on the transplants.  

If you pull a graft the day of the procedure, you would bleed profusely.  but it's only one graft.  If you had 2500 grafts I doubt anyone could see the difference.  (And, why would you do that?)

Very doubtful that you did any damage as the follicles are imbedded into the dermis layer and as others have said, you are beyond 7 days post-op.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians:  Dr. Robert True & Dr. Robert Dorin, New York, NY

On 8/2/2019 at 10:10 PM, Catdogman said:

Hi guys,
Hope it is transplant paranoia again. But 11 days post op I was patting my recipient area dry. And I noticed that I actually accidentally applied a lot of pressure on my recipient area with my hands since it felt so healed. Is it possible to crush the grafts like this? I am afraid I ruined it all now ☹️:(. I know they are anchored after 10ish days and can't be pulled out. But I am talking about applying pressure and crush them against the scalp.

Hope you guys can help me out with this one..

You're fine. 😉

• Like 1