6 weeks since HT is this normal?

Hi all i had my hair transplant in turkey 6 weeks ago now but my hair looks alot worse then it did before i went. My scabs fell out after 3 weeks and i started shedding 2 weeks in but parts of my head still feels slightly numb and scabby although there is no scabs left. Ive lost alot of old hair so now i can no longer use hair fibers and i can feel larger bald spots which i didnt have before. The doctor said my donor was excellent and i had more then enough to remove 5500 grafts although i was told i only needed 3500. Did anyone else have this issue and all these bald spots filled in eventually? Im getting really depressed because like i said i looked way better before i went.

Thanks 

Hi,

Everything you’re experiencing is normal, that is how the process is, you after a few weeks of the surgery day you shed the transplanted hairs, the grafts in your scalp go into a rest cycle then around 3-4month post surgery new hairs from the transplanted grafts begin to grow and sprout.

As for your hair being worse than before the procedure that’s normal too, the surgery probably caused shock loss of your native hairs, they will grow back you just have to give it a little time, take care of your scalp as not to sun damage and not get overly worried and stressed.

Good luck.

I do believe your native hairs that were lost and shed from the shock loss are also probably in a rest cycle and do need a few months to grew new again.

Sorry about your breakup, don’t be stressed out about your HT, you’ve done it and that’s good and now you just have to be careful with your scalp and let time take it’s course and in a 6-7 months you should see a positive change.

Best of luck.

This period of time post-op certainly can be the most difficult when the grafts shed and shock loss sets in.

The good news is that things will eventually improve once the resting phase completes and the new growth cycle kicks in both in  terms of the native hair and the newly implanted hair.

I think you will begin to see a significant improvement in 4-6 months...the most challenging part is waiting...but you will get there!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Its all normal my friend, you seem to be on the right track. Additionally, if you are also using minoxidil and finastride, they would contribute more to the shedding.... but its always said to be a good sign. It means your scalp is going to be regrowing hair after shedding during the first phase. 

good luck 

i am in the same boat ( 3 months post HT

Both of your scalps are responding IMHO.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY