Can You Have A Hair Transplant With Diffuse Hair Loss?

Melvin,

What does he think of your outstanding results?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators
4 hours ago, gillenator said:

Melvin,

What does he think of your outstanding results?

My father? He still thinks that I went bald due to some external force like "hair gel". He still can't believe that I would go bald while him and my brother who is 42 still have nearly full heads of hair. That said, he thinks the same way I do, that how I look now is how it should've have always been, which I think many can resonate with.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I know what you mean...I have 2 brothers with a full head of hair and I was the one who inherited MPB from the maternal side.  My father also had a full head of hair!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I also have a diffused pattern hair loss and it looks very similar to one of the images posted here. I contacted Dr. Rahal and his assistant said I am not a good candidate for FUE (it was an online consultation via Zoom video). 

I wonder if there are any good physicians in the GTA area that I can consult with.

4 hours ago, TPV said:

Hi,

I also have a diffused pattern hair loss and it looks very similar to one of the images posted here. I contacted Dr. Rahal and his assistant said I am not a good candidate for FUE (it was an online consultation via Zoom video). 

I wonder if there are any good physicians in the GTA area that I can consult with.

Not a lot of options in GTA.. within canada, H&W is your best option IMO.. dr wong is great with diffuse thinners..

While you havent shown any pics and while its true that not everyone is a good candidate, I would not get too discouraged by Rahal's rejection. His inaccurate assessment costed me 2 years of inaction.

If you do decide to share pics, I am sure you will get honest and robust advice on this forum

Best of luck..

Here are couple of images. One surgeon suggested having FUT instead of FUE with 2000 grafts. That seems too little number of grafts.

another option I have is to get it done in India (I can make a two week long trip if that-much time is sufficient).

BF81712B-41E3-4B79-9DB9-F12CCFDB0481.jpeg.bed05f855e4a0c8d6820f3dae8c891fc.jpegC6C3EA4B-4C7E-46D3-8766-45E3A93AF658.jpeg.c8022a8c983db7f561fcf2bcd3f8bc83.jpeg

@TPVwould you be able to start off your own thread ? Your hair is actually Norwood 6 at present. Not diffused. 2000 grafts isn’t enough in any case. Eugenix should be consulted if your thinking of India, they excel in these type of cases.

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

• Administrators
17 hours ago, TPV said:

Hi,

Does anyone has a review of spamedica in the GTA area? From internet search it seems really a mixed bag.

Please create a separate thread so we can help you.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.