Hair Transplant Surgeon in Dallas (Arocha vs. Verret)

I personally have never even heard of Dr. Verret, but after I googled him a sec ago I saw that he was a plastic surgeon....that sounds great at first but you really want someone that ONLY does hair restoration procedures and that's definitely the only thing Dr. Arocha does. I would go with Arocha.

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

• 11 months later...

I went to see this guy for a consultation and got a bad feeling right from the start.

First, he requires that you complete a lot of needless paperwork, including a "privacy" policy that is ambiguously written but had a couple of red flags - such as requiring the patient to assign Dr. Verret the copyrights to anything a patient might say about him on the Internet (presumably so that he could use positive comments in his marketing materials or demand removal of negative comments).

Second, he requires that you make full payment 10 days before your treatment. I haven't been to any other docs yet, but if I have to pay in full before the treatment I won't do it. If I did I would have absolutely no recourse if the doc botched the job.

Third, he wanted a $100 consultation fee (that was not disclosed on his website that I could find).

Fourth, he looks very young in his photos, which might mean he doesn't have a lot of experience doing hair transplants.

And last, as someone else pointed out, he offers several treatments other than HT, so he might be a jack of all trades, instead of an expert in HT.

Although this thread is a bit dated, I simply wanted to post a link to our recommended physicians in Texas (including Dr. Arocha).

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 months later...

I am interested in what results people have had with Dr. Verret. I went for a consult with him and several other surgeons in the Dallas area including Dr. Arocha. I think both are excellent surgeons and I was very at ease with Dr. Verret. He just made me feel not rushed and relaxed. One of the other posters brought up a point about his payment policy and consult fee but I didn't find it to be out of line with most surgeons in the area and his consult fees are applied to your hair transplant. I haven't quite decided if I'm going to do but I will post results if I go through with a transplant.

I have previously had HT from a couple of surgeons with horrible results. I was incredibly self-conscious about it and felt that I had no option but to endure it for the rest of my life. Out of frustration, I began to seek help online. I did a lot of research into surgeons, new techniques, etc., and came across Dr. Arocha. I went to see him in Dallas for a consultation which was wonderful.

He and his entire staff put me at ease. I was able to look through hundreds of photos of his work and spend more than ample time talking with him. We talked about everything from my previous surgeries, my concerns and hopes and we even got to the subject of our kids. That is how warm and friendly the doctor himself and the environment were. I was convinced and scheduled my surgery that day.

I have since had the procedure and am more convinced today of that being one of the best decisions I ever made. Dr. Arocha does only hair replacement and the incredible results that I saw in those photos and I now personally have experienced are proof positive that he is a leader in this field. There is no other surgeon that I would go to.

Hi guys,

I just read the posts in this thread and found it quite interesting!! So, I decided to share my opinion as well.. Please excuse me if its a long one, but I want to help those who are considering to have HT to choose the RIGHT surgeon for them as this is ONE thing that REALLY MATTERS!! I am a Research Engineer by profession and thus by habit, I have done quite an extensive research on hair transplantation and the surgeons who perform these surgeries. From all the studies that I conducted to find a suitable (obviously "the Best") hair transplant surgeon for myself, I finally came to the conclusion that DR. BERNARDINO AROCHA stands much ahead of his fellow peers in the hair transplant industry!! From my own experience with him, I can mention so many positive points about him, which will surely make you feel that he is the right Doctor for you to have a hair transplant. Here are the points....

(1) He is recommended by several surgical Hair Restoration Associations, who have really set a very high standard for this kind of practice. (He is a member of the prestigious Coalition Surgeons as can be seen on this website!)

(2) He is a perfect gentleman and during the consultation, you can just discuss all your concerns and goals with him without any hesitation. Skype Consultation is also possible! AND ALL OF THIS HE DOES FREE OF COST!! I shall never forget that when I spoke to him for the first time over skype, I felt as if I knew him for years!! I remember, he and his staff made me feel very comfortable during the consultation and even boosted my morale saying that they could do a very good job for me, after assessing my hair condition! Now even after my surgery, when I have some concerns, he and his staff happily entertain all my questions.

(3) Doc himself is very experienced and knowledgeable in his domain i.e. hair transplantation and he has also completed a prestigious fellowship in HT to master the skills and intricacies involved in this kind of a surgery. On top of that, he has got a very knowledgeable, experienced and skillful staff (like Craig, Maria and others), who are very professional in their work, but at the same time are personal in their behavior. Doc and his staff are very friendly and make every situation so light that you dont even feel that you are having a surgery!! Atleast I felt like that just before and all throughout the duration of my surgery.. They are so expert in their job, that I could not feel even for a moment that I was having a surgery!! I remember enjoying lunch with them during the break that we had in the middle of my surgery!! They make you feel a part of their family..

(4) Doc is an artist himself by hobby and what I know about this kind of cosmetic surgery is that, along with the technical skills, the doc needs to have a very good aesthetic sense, because its all about your looks, which I am sure Dr. Arocha has..

(5) Dr. Arocha and his staff concentrate on hair transplant and perform only ONE surgery a day, so you will be his sole attention on the day of your surgery. It will be "YOUR DAY", whose result will last you for a lifetime!!

(6) Most of the HT cases, which he deals with show early results. By God's grace, I am one of them! You guys can check my hair restoration journey from the photos that I have posted on this website. I shall be posting more photos in future as well. For those who are interested to know about my HT procedure in more details, I am providing you the link to my blog - Hair Restoration Site for Sabby

(7) For those of you for whom, money is a factor, lemme tell you that, unlike other HT Doctors, Dr. Arocha is okay with the patients paying money on the day of the surgery. No advance payments is required. Even Financing schemes are also available. And there is minimum paper works needed before the surgery.

I hope all the points that I have mentioned above support my claim why Dr. Arocha is one of the BEST HT Surgeons in the world! I feel that's why one should have no question about his credibility in Dallas!! I will be soon moving to a state in US, which is quite far from his clinic in Dallas or Houston. But seeing his credibility as a 'HT surgeon' as well as his genuineness as a 'person', I have decided that God willing, I will again come back to him for my second sitting in near future ignoring the distance issue!!

Edited by sabby

Well I just left a long reply that got lost because I wasn't logged in. Arg.

Basically, I added to what sabby was saying but I wanted to make a few more comments, so I'm taking the time to re-write my reply.

I have not heard of Dr. Verret and it looks like he does not specialize in HTs. I would like to see his work, but because of the complexities of an HT procedure, I would be very careful about who I chose. The names for the top HT docs is very small group, and one that Arocha is part of. Feeling comfortable is good but meaningless unless your doc is a proven in this particular field of surgery. I have seen many stories of patients who had no hair growth or even worse, disfigurement from the procedure. And from what I've seen in the past, these are from "jack of all trades" surgeons. Again, I have not seen Dr. Verret's work, but I would be cautious. Dr. Arocha has a loyal following for good reason. He is proven (look at his many results and reviews by his many patients), but also he IS a very good surgeon, who also is very personable and professional. I've had many long discussions about hair and HTs, and we've also become friends somewhat because of our shared interest in art. He threw a party for his clients over the last holidays! How many docs do that. He has a great staff. Dr. Arocha is proven, friendly and is considered one of the best. Dallas and Houston, you're luck to have him! I'm glad I chose him as my HT doc.

Good luck and best wishes!

Maxhair

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to second the comments made so far about Dr. Arocha. I have visited a few Dr's in my path down the HT rd. Dr. Arocha made me feel the most comfortable and relaxed. I can't speak for my results yet. I am having the HT soon.

Ready for the Road Ahead

HT Website

3092 FUT's

1 Hair - 688

2 Hair - 1812

3 hair - 692

Brianfried,

Dr. Arocha is an excellent hair transplant surgeon, and I think you've made a wise decision choosing his clinic to perform your surgery. Additionally, I encourage you to continue updating the community on your progress through a thread dedicated solely to your hair transplant experience and by adding your story and images to your social profile or a hair loss weblog. Please let me know if you need assistance with any of this! Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

This site does a great job of weeding out the true hair restoration surgeons from the wanna-be's. I have never seen Dr. Verret's name or results on here or other sites.

Without a doubt: Dr. Arocha. He has been selected to be here based on many factors and his results look great.

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru