Optimum age for hair transplant

Hi there I would just like to get opinions on the optimum age on hair transplantation for graft survival?

While surgeons do not generally consider candidates below the age of 25, because there MPB is unstable at this point in there lives and the chance of them progressing to high levels of hairloss is significant the earlier they start losing hair, I think the graft survival rate is more complicated than a simple correlation with the age of the candidate; there are other issues involved such as transplantation density, "out of body" time factors as to how long the grafts are kept in saline solution and the temperature at which they are kept, X (unknown) factors and Y (human error) factors etc.

And does 28 sound too early for a ht?

No. But your level of hairloss must be judged by a qualified hair surgeon who will you, his expert opinion.

take care...

Don't worry about your age; if anything (and I mean, if anything) getting a HT in your physical prime can only help your recovery and the rate and success of your grafts.

28 certainly isn't too early for a HT; whether you should actually get one, and what gameplan you take is an entirely seperate matter that you need to evaluate through independant research juxtaposed with prognoses given by multiple docs.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

HT's IMHO, should be reserved for those who are at least 35 and over...If you think you need a HT at 28, chances are you might have extensive balding....Do you really want to play the chase game?

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...