Hairloss and hairyness

10 hours ago, Phillyman1996 said:

Ive here some people say the more soon you can grow a full beard and the more bodyhair you have its more likely that you go bald. What do you guys think?

I don't think so. As per my knowledge, there is not any direct relation between baldness & body hairs growing soon.

My brother and I both have plenty of body hair and can grow a thick beard, but I lost my hair and he still has hair that I'd kill for! I've heard this theory before but I can't think there's much in it.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• Administrators

This theory is based on DHT. Yes, for the most part guys who are bald have plenty of body hair. Myself included, but body hair just like balding is also genetic. Like Pete, I can grow a thick beard and so can my brother. Except I went bald and he didn’t. Beards and balding are all in the genes, but both triggered by DHT.

Beard still take a while to develop too. My brother wasn’t able to grow a thick beard until his mid to late 20’s. Take a look at the men in your family, you will most likely have a similar beard as them. My dad can’t grow a full beard, but my uncles in my moms side can and my grandfather. So I followed their beard patterns. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Sachin Kumar said:

I don't think so. As per my knowledge, there is not any direct relation between baldness & body hairs growing soon.

If you senitive to dht on body you get hairy. If you are sensitive to dht on the head hair you go bald. I think people who are sensitive to dht on the body usally are more sensitive on the top of the head.  But where you are sensitive to dht or not depends on genes.

4 hours ago, Pete-from-Farjo said:

My brother and I both have plenty of body hair and can grow a thick beard, but I lost my hair and he still has hair that I'd kill for! I've heard this theory before but I can't think there's much in it.

Some guy on youtube said if you get body hair and a full beard before 18 you are more likley to go bald .

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

This theory is based on DHT. Yes, for the most part guys who are bald have plenty of body hair. Myself included, but body hair just like balding is also genetic. Like Pete, I can grow a thick beard and so can my brother. Except I went bald and he didn’t. Beards and balding are all in the genes, but both triggered by DHT.

Beard still take a while to develop too. My brother wasn’t able to grow a thick beard until his mid to late 20’s. Take a look at the men in your family, you will most likely have a similar beard as them. My dad can’t grow a full beard, but my uncles in my moms side can and my grandfather. So I followed their beard patterns. 

Yup i agree. Alot of people say when they noticed more hairloss. Their beards got thicker.

While I'm sure there's lots of anecdotal evidence to support there being a correlation, I'm not aware of any scientific evidence to back this up. The internet - and society at large - are both full of old wives' tales and various theories about how to predict hair loss, but most of them aren't founded in science. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56