Dr. Larry "the Great" Shapiro

Hello everyone! I took some time to read all of your posts and find it quite interesting how some unhappy people or person like TRIPLE "D03" would have such negative comments about a wonderful reputable honest doctor like Dr. Larry Shapiro and YES! I did all of my homework on all of doctors in town and I find it interesting how Dr. Larry Shapiro DO NOT HAVE any lawsuits or any "discipline" in his career for the last 20 YEARS of EXPERIENCE? After doing all of my research, I made an appointment for my husband to see Dr. Larry Shapiro. Also, just to add a FACT, my father in-law actually had his hair done by Dr. Larry Shapiro just about a year and a half ago and with substancial great results! I can post his before and after photos but I would need his permission first.

With all these negative attacks you are doing in this forum about a good doctor like Dr. Larry Shapiro, how come you do not have any photos posted of YOUR before and after shots?? Are you sure you are not being a "FAKE"?

I am not so convinced about your pics, sorry.

How come if you have been having all these problems in the past, after all these years, how come you just recently (not long ago)started posting negative comments about Dr. Larry Shapiro? are you being paid for these comments???

Well, maybe we can meet up for some latte,, Ron,,, or is it Jeff????

Hello everyone! I took some time to read all of your posts and find it quite interesting how some unhappy people or person like TRIPLE "D03" would have such negative comments about a wonderful reputable honest doctor like Dr. Larry Shapiro and YES! I did all of my homework on all of doctors in town and I find it interesting how Dr. Larry Shapiro DO NOT HAVE any lawsuits or any "discipline" in his career for the last 20 YEARS of EXPERIENCE? After doing all of my research, I made an appointment for my husband to see Dr. Larry Shapiro. Also, just to add a FACT, my father in-law actually had his hair done by Dr. Larry Shapiro just about a year and a half ago and with substancial great results! I can post his before and after photos but I would need his permission first.

With all these negative attacks you are doing in this forum about a good doctor like Dr. Larry Shapiro, how come you do not have any photos posted of YOUR before and after shots?? Are you sure you are not being a "FAKE"?

I am not so convinced about your pics, sorry.

How come if you have been having all these problems in the past, after all these years, how come you just recently (not long ago)started posting negative comments about Dr. Larry Shapiro? are you being paid for these comments???

Well, maybe we can meet up for some latte,, Ron,,, or is it Jeff????

I'll believe you in 6 months when you have 100 posts "not all praising Dr. LARRY SHAPIRO" and I see some before and after pics of your "father-in-law. We see this far to often. Someone sign's up just to praise a certain doc and then is never heard from again. The members of this forum are not stupid and will not fall for 1 post from a new poster "propably Dr Larry himself". YAWN..... this is getting tiring...

how quick response from you. Actually is not how often I sit and read all of the posts here, it's actually entertaining. PRAISING?? I would choose a more educated word,,, REPUTABLE. I think you better think twice when insinuating such thing. My husband has had 3 tours from IRAQ and TWICE to AFGHANISTAN as a GUNNER and buddy this is how he is loosing his hair from wearing his ARMY/INFANTRY hat 24/7.

Why up so late? how much are you getting paid for your replies? or "praising" as you call it your doctor/s??

Originally posted by GnSville07:

how quick response from you. Actually is not how often I sit and read all of the posts here, it's actually entertaining. PRAISING?? I would choose a more educated word,,, REPUTABLE. I think you better think twice when insinuating such thing. My husband has had 3 tours from IRAQ and TWICE to AFGHANISTAN as a GUNNER and buddy this is how he is loosing his hair from wearing his ARMY/INFANTRY hat 24/7.

Why up so late? how much are you getting paid for your replies? or "praising" as you call it your doctor/s??

I'm sorry, but your husband is NOT losing his hair because of his "Army/Infantry" hat.

I salute and honor your husband for his service to our country, but you have not educated yourself on hairloss.

-

1st Transplant: 5,485 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

2nd Transplant: 3,100 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

3rd Transplant: 5,035 grafts with Dr Sanusi Umar

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

I guess I could ask you the same question? The differance between you and I is that my first post wansnt a suspicious "PRAISE" of such a Clown of a doctor who relies on jingles to sell his services. Oh ya did you know he was the 1st Dr. in the U.S to do a strip surgery! What a joke. Do you know how many doctors use that statment as thier claim to fame? Please!

If you are for real "which I doubt" please feel free to keep posting and give your opinions, but don't try to push a doctor "especially one with such a crappy reputation" .

It's up to the community to decide the reputability of this Doctor. For now I don't think anyone has seen enough to say he is "wonderful reputable and honest". It IS possible that he has cleaned up his act over the years.

In my eyes it will always be a bit odd that out of the 8 people Shapiro decides to showcase on his website, 2 of them decide to come out of the woods and start posting comments (in the same week?). I'm not saying that it isn't possible both of you are being honest...it just kind of throws up a red flag.

After the experience I went through with Shapiro it is hard for me to trust anything associated with his name. I hope you understand but am willing to accept it if you don't.

Trust me I am extremely happy for ANYONE who has had a great experience with ANY DOCTOR. Even if it is Shapiro.

You seem very invested in defending this doctor. If he is being unfairly libeled, then here's what he should do..

Tell Dr. Larry Shapiro that he should contact the people who run this site and present evidence of his work. If he's been performing transplants for years, then he should have hundreds of documented cases. Hopefully, these include top-down shots and shots in decent lighting. It would also be super easy for him to video some patient's heads in the near future and put it up -- nowadays video is as easy as photo.

If his work is on par with other excellent doctors, then I'm sure the site administrators here would

love to visit his clinic so they can praise and recommend him in good conscience. Once he shows evidence of: a trained team of permanent techs, microscopic dissection, dense packing, mega-seesions, lateral slits, refined follicular units, faint scars, and tons of satisfied patients (not just your extended family) then we will all happily embrace him and send business his way.

Patients are allowed to report their experiences without you attempting to silence them. If this doctor is being maligned then let him come forward himself with real evidence to the contrary.

Gnsville07 (which is where I will be getting my MBA in less than a month wooo!). I didn't just come out of nowhere and make these comments. Please use the "find" tool and search DDD03. You will find that I didn't have the greatest things to say about Larry about 4 months ago either icon_smile.gif

I sometimes get a bit heated when I post about him and maybe take things a bit to far (as you will see in my post 4 months ago called "bad decision"). It hits really deep to my heart when I think about how he took advantage of me. I hope you understand.

And I am sorry...I just really didn't like the guy nor the work he performed on me. I really was young and naive and he threw a great sales pitch. I understand that we are all entitled to our opinions and I'm glad the people you know had great experiences with him.

You can take this constructive criticism as you may...but I would ease off on the accusations you are making as well. You are new to this site unlike the members you are calling "doctors".

I wish you and your loved ones the best.

Gnsville07,

Anyone receiving any compensation monetary or otherwise to promote their doctor must disclose this in their forum signature as per our terms of service. We take this breach of our rules very seriously. However, at this time, I have no reason to believe any of our members you are accusing of this is breaching this rule. You on the other hand, are new and singing the praises of a doctor who you didn't even have surgery with. Given your highly promotional sounding posts and accusatory remarks towards veteran members, your agenda is highly questionable.

If you are sincere, why not present some before/after pictures of your father in law or ask him to do it? Accusing veteran members of being shills is certainly not going to win you any points or earn you any credibility. Frankly, you are going to end up doing Dr. Larry Shapiro more harm than good if you continue down this destructive path.

Edit: See also my reply to you and others on this thread.

Best Regards,

Bill

Perhaps DDD03 has stated it much better than I was able to in my post. I give him enormous credit because he is the one who has a personal investment in this thread, and yet he has shown himself to be very diplomatic.

I too will apologize for my harshness. If you really have had a good experience with this doctor, then it is your right to say so.

To clarify, the reason why I said your testimonial is of limited value is because it is just one experience. The measure of a transplant surgeon is consistency. I read on the other thread that Dr. Lawrence Shapiro has performed 14,000 procedures. Therefore, it would be rather frightening if he did not have any happy patients at all. The issue here is his percentage of happy patients. Is it eight percent, or ninety eight percent? I cannot answer that question, and in all fairness, you cannot either.

The doctors on this site have legions of satisfied patients, and you will hard pressed to find a bad word about them anywhere. If you doubt somebody's legitimacy on here, it is your right to believe whatever you'd like. However, if you are going to cast doubt publicly, you better be able to prove it. Otherwise, you are just making wild accusations.

Again, if you had a good experience with Dr. Larry, then I am happy for you and sincerely wish you all the best.