Dr. Bisanga, BHR Clinic, 1909 FUE

2014%20LOGO-2_zpsdcgfcjqo.jpg

Hi, 

This patient was 24 years-old when he had his surgery. We usually do not accept patients at that age because most of them have small recession on the hair line and temples, and we advise to start using medication. Nevertheless this patient had a high degree of miniaturized hair on the whole frontal area after more than 5 years under medical treatment (Finasteride + Minoxidil).  

Dr. Bisanga assessed all these aspects and we finally accepted him as a patient doing a conservative approach in terms of design and number of grafts. 

Here the data:

BHR Clinic

Dr. Christian BISANGA

Age: 24 at the moment of the surgery, 31 on pictures showing current result

Technique: FUE

Medication: Finasteride (5 years before procedure)+ Minoxidil (7 years before surgery)

Donor densities: 70-70-80 FUs/cm2

Hair Caliber: Very Fine, most of FUs of 2 hairs (not many 3-4s)

Total FU used:- 1909

* FU breakdown:-             

1s 410

2s 1017

3s 447

4s 35

TOTAL: 1909

That means 1909 FU = 3925 Hairs. Average = 2,05 hairs/FU.

Pre-Post Surgery 

01.%20Pre-op%201_zpsrmnqooeo.jpg 

01.%20Pre-op%202_zps5maxzse6.jpg 

01.%20Pre-op%203_zpsjh83n63v.jpg 

02.%20Post-op%204_zpsnbra833i.jpg 

02.%20Post-op%201_zpsq7omvxym.jpg 

02.%20Post-op%202_zps4iobvbyj.jpg 

02.%20Post-op%203_zps0cftysr2.jpg 

02.%20Post-op%205_zpsee6bhhay.jpg 

7 Years 

03.%20Final%20Result%201_zpsgfutredl.jpg 

03.%20Final%20Result%202_zpsp0j5t8ul.jpg 

03.%20Final%20Result%205_zpsahuymekr.jpg 

03.%20Final%20Result%207_zpsjyotvral.jpg 

03.%20Final%20Result%204_zpsjpwjagps.jpg 

03.%20Final%20Result%203_zps17fth96h.jpg 

Comparison 0-7 Years, Dry-Wet Hair 

04.%20Before%20-%20After%2001%201_zpssfv 

04.%20Before%20-%20After%2001%202_zpsfo8

Nice,  so nice to see a successful procedure for a change without any issue. This is clearly a distinct change and what most folks would like to achieve.  This makes the outcome look natural.

great work!

I agree with Sean. Another point I like here is the hairline, it is conservative but it frames the face and makes this young guy look much better today and it will age well with him. This is top notch and it looks so natural. 

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the comments.

@jj51702 , I will contact the patient and ask him which is the dose of finasteride he is taking now. Regarding the pre-op pictures, the hair was not shaved at that moment: recipient area was very thin and most of the hair was miniaturized.

@John Baris , honestly I don't think the number of grafts was very high but the opposite. Take into account that rebuilding a hair line and temples may require at least 1500 grafts, and in this case we focused on the whole frontal area doing a very conservative design. If this guy would have come to us without using any medication, we would probably have advised it to start with it and re-asses one year later. But this patient was under medication for more than 5 years and the only way to recover the area was through a surgery (being conservative as we explained).

Kind regards,

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 2:32 AM, BHRClinic said:

Hi,

Thank you very much for the comments.

@jj51702 , I will contact the patient and ask him which is the dose of finasteride he is taking now. Regarding the pre-op pictures, the hair was not shaved at that moment: recipient area was very thin and most of the hair was miniaturized.

@John Baris , honestly I don't think the number of grafts was very high but the opposite. Take into account that rebuilding a hair line and temples may require at least 1500 grafts, and in this case we focused on the whole frontal area doing a very conservative design. If this guy would have come to us without using any medication, we would probably have advised it to start with it and re-asses one year later. But this patient was under medication for more than 5 years and the only way to recover the area was through a surgery (being conservative as we explained).

Kind regards,

Any update on the finasteride doseage this patient is on?