Manchester?

I've been on Finisteride for 3 years.  Hair loss has drastically reduced, and everything still works downstairs!! If any newbies have any questions regarding fin, don't hesitate to contact me. 

I started fin too late, so I need to plan getting the front third of my hair line filled in.  What sort of price will I be looking at? I'd consider close to home, like Manchester, or even abroad for a reputable surgeon.

Suggestions please people. 

Not sure about Manchester but I will tell you that in the States. you can expect to pay anywhere between $3.75 - $5.00 per graft for FUT and $6 - $9 for FUE.  That being said..........

Throughout my career I've helped a number of surgeons.  Recently I've noticed that most patients will call a practice, ask for pricing and, as soon as they get the info, they hang up.  Call the next practice.....and this continues until the patient hears what he wants to hear.  This eventually leads to the patient going with a physician that is giving away the work.  1.  This devalues his practice and 2, the entire industry suffers because the work is crap. It is important to remember that the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten.

I truly appreciate the fact that you said "reputable surgeon."  Here you need to be careful.  There are recognizable names out there but the work is no good.  Like I often say, if you've been doing it wrong for 30 years, you will continue doing it wrong.

I would encourage you to look at results.  If the doctor is good, he will have hundreds of photos available.  Watch out for sites that have a handful of photos.  

There is an awesome list of doctors in this site that you can review.  Go to arochahairrestoration.com.  Here is a website with a good number of before and after photos.  Dr. Gabel in Oregon is another doctor you can research.

Good luck.

• Like 1

In my opinion you may want to consider looking further afield than the UK, I’ve seen little to impress me. I live in Ireland and I’m leaning towards Spain/Belgium for surgery, for FUE 3-5 Euro per graph seems to be the norm, happy hunting. Remember, it’s a marathon not a sprint to find the right Surgeon, do your due diligence. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has any questions about transplants in Turkey I can help, I am an associate in the UK and work with a clinic in Istanbul.  We can answer any questions and have real clients in the UK who can talk to you about their surgery in Istanbul.  We offer a complete price package and can arrange everything for you.  If you are concerned about surgery abroad do not hesitate to contact me with your questions x Jo 

• Like 1