5500 grafts - Asmed Istanbul - october 2018

heckenpenner

Now it is day 229 - 7,5 month post surgery. My hair did grow a lot in the meantime and I am really happy with the current status. My life did change a lot and i would always do surgery again. The crown is stil not perfect and i hope that more hair will come - but also with current status i am more than happy.

229.jpg

229-1-web.jpg

229-2.JPG

229-3-web.jpg

229-4-web.jpg

Impressive transformation from where you started and still only at 7.5 months. With regards to the crown, think it's always going to be difficult to get it right after one procedure if you are balding extensively

I don't know what it is with ASMED, they just seem to do better with these kind of high norwood cases (obviously not all cases). Could argue the bar is set lower with regards to the expectations of patients who are going in already having lost most of their hair and it won't take too much too please them but nonetheless, as a neutral,  progress and results like these still look good. Almost as though they do their best work on more of a blank canvas.

Why they haven't been able to translate this kind of result to patients requiring, on paper, simpler, smaller procedures recently is strange.

I know the experience of the technicians has been called into question and definitely has it's merit's but I'm beginning to think there's more to it than just that. Can't help but feel there's a technical failing somewhere in the approach. Are they trying to over compensate in patients who still have a lot of hair (to try and get as close to their natural density as possible) with higher graft numbers but this is having the opposite effect and grafts ares simply not surviving?

Maybe other surgeons/clinics are relying more on the artistic aspect/placement of grafts using lower numbers to get better results (believe in most cases it's only really Dr's performing most of of the procedure with years of experience who can pull this off) whereas ASMED are more about higher numbers but it's causing issues with graft survival, who knows.

Cases like that patient on youtube who had 2000 grafts in the temples but had very poor progress at 9 months does make you think. 1000 grafts in each temple does sound too much on paper and just wonder if it resulted in the majority of grafts simply not surviving.

Anyway, ASMED look to have done a good job in this particular case with things progressing well and good to see the OP is happy.

18 hours ago, Torip said:

Great results...jsut wondering why your hair is dry and frizzy. Are you using hair fiber spray frequently or something that is making your hair dry? 

no spray or any other things.... my hair was always a bit frizzy at the back - so now it is on top - i will see if it changes when it is getting longer. some of my friends were joking that i have public hair on my head - but i like my new hair 🙂

• 4 months later...

Cool bro ! I was wondering, why do you take the supplements below your signature ?

I asked around these forums if any supplements are needed after hair transplant and these guys said no. 

So ?! 

Also what type of k2 u take ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 6:03 PM, heckenpenner said:

Now it is day 229 - 7,5 month post surgery. My hair did grow a lot in the meantime and I am really happy with the current status. My life did change a lot and i would always do surgery again. The crown is stil not perfect and i hope that more hair will come - but also with current status i am more than happy.

229.jpg

229-1-web.jpg

229-2.JPG

229-3-web.jpg

229-4-web.jpg

Can you send new pictures for us?

Any update