5500 grafts - Asmed Istanbul - october 2018

heckenpenner

Hi guys,

i decided to do a hair tranplant at ASMED clinic in instanbul on 03. october 2018 and would like to share my experience and pictures with you.

- I am 35 years old and from germany
- my hairloss did begin at the age of 17 years
- i started taking propecia/fin this month to increase hair growth after surgery. i guess i will stop after 1-2 years.

transplanted grafts: 5500 (3000 day 1, 2500 day 2)
donor capacity: 8400 grafts

I felt very comfortable and the two days did go by really fast. I am quite excited about hair growth in the next months and will keep you updated.

Greetings,
heckenpenner

0-1.JPG

0-2.JPG

0-4.JPG

0-5.JPG

0-6.JPG

5.jpg

8.jpg

11-1.jpg

12-1.JPG

12-2.JPG

12-3.JPG

12-4.JPG

12-5.JPG

analyse-1.JPG

analyse-2.jpeg

analyse-3.JPG

Work looks clean and well done, seems like you stayed in Turkey for a while since you had day 12 photos at the clinic.

Also, looking at your pre-op before photos I’m somewhat surprised the clinic/ Dr Erdogan say your donor capacity is 8,400, which seems high but is great if true, but to me it doesn’t look so compared to other cases and since your crown area seems to be receding further in the downward horseshoe pattern, anyway keep updating and happy growing!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 3:15 AM, FarsanUk said:

Hey great work so far. I was there on 2 and 3 October I believe I met you at breakfast you came to join me and the other guys on the table.

Hey! I just had a look at your thread and saw your pictures - Yes i can remember 🙂 Wishing you all the best and hope everything is running well?

7 hours ago, heckenpenner said:

Hey! I just had a look at your thread and saw your pictures - Yes i can remember 🙂 Wishing you all the best and hope everything is running well?

So far as expected all hair has shed so its a non event for the next month at least. Very intrigued how this all plans out. I see you are happy with the while experience.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, FarsanUk said:

Do you have that stubble sort of feeling on your crown ? In terms of all the transplanted hairs... have they started growing or is all black dots at the moment ?

yes - there are a lot of stubbles on the crown which started to grow but also black dots and empty spaces.

Edited by heckenpenner

Looking good so far. Im looking forward to see how this one turns out for you after this mega session. Best of luck.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 3 weeks later...

You hair is looking fantastic. Huge congratulations. You must be thrilled. Not even 4 months and look at the transformation. Several years ago, a 5500 FUE mega session would not have been heard of. Im very much looking forward to following your progress and see how things progress. Keep us updated!

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 1 month later...

@FarsanUk

To answer your question, I have my own theories but I thought that I would put it to do Dr Bisanga.

Dr Bisanga said:

The crown usually takes longer to look fuller so it is not that it grows slower but for someone to see fullness the hair needs to reach a certain length and also crowns take a lot of grafts . One need almost 60-70 density per sqcm to get fullness.

I hope that helps!