How to pay for hair transplant in Thailand

Hi all. I am going to Dr Laorwong in Bangkok for a hair transplant in January. This is due to the many positive reviews he has received on this forum. Dr Laorwong states that payment must be on the day and in cash otherwise a 2% fee will be charged on a card transaction. I'm just wondering how other patients payed for the surgery as I feel a little uncomfortable carrying the equivalent of $9500 AUD in Thai Baht around. I'm also concerned that if i use some sort of card there could be issues on the day and I would like to avoid this. Many thank, Sam

He should accept wire transfer, if not, find another doctor.  It is ridiculous for any doctor to refuse a wire transfer.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Good choice. Had a transplant there 4 months ago.  Can't speak to results yet but my experience was great and the work looked pristine.  He is also involved in the entire surgery unlike many doctors these days.   I took USD to pay for my procedure.  Thailand is pretty safe if you are discreet and you could carry the money.  Or why not send a wire transfer?

Edited by densedream

I am going there too end December as well - looking forward to that this will be my second FUE after the one i Had with Umar in 2014

just call you card company before and tell them your going to have a large payment in baht from  "clinic name" and let them know the dates so they dont block the transaction... or just take cash

I always felt very safe in Thailand

Edited by elduterino

• 3 years later...
On 10/18/2018 at 4:00 PM, elduterino said:

I am going there too end December as well - looking forward to that this will be my second FUE after the one i Had with Umar in 2014

just call you card company before and tell them your going to have a large payment in baht from  "clinic name" and let them know the dates so they dont block the transaction... or just take cash

Sorry to dig up an old thread. So you paid by card and it worked?

On 7/30/2022 at 2:55 PM, Needadviceplease said:

Sorry to dig up an old thread. So you paid by card and it worked?

I paid the initial fee via Paypal and the remaining using a VISA credit card (no fee).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2018 at 8:51 AM, densedream said:

Good choice. Had a transplant there 4 months ago.  Can't speak to results yet but my experience was great and the work looked pristine.  He is also involved in the entire surgery unlike many doctors these days.   I took USD to pay for my procedure.  Thailand is pretty safe if you are discreet and you could carry the money.  Or why not send a wire transfer?

How’d your ht end up looking into him rn u recommend him?

On 10/18/2018 at 8:00 AM, elduterino said:

Hey wondering how your ht went would u recommend him looking into him rn