Deleted

WanderingBaldy

WanderingBaldy,

I’m sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your hair transplant and that the surgeon was recommended by this community. I would certainly like to do whatever I can to help you but in order to do so, I suggest that you post pictures first of your scalp before surgery and then pictures of your scalp now. Please include multiple angles of the scalp so we can see what your hair looks like from every angle before surgery and now,  which as you say is three years later. 

Also, if you have any photos showing your hair one year after surgery, please post those as well. I guess my question and concern is, if your hair transplant was a failure, why are you posting about three years later instead of immediately after the first year? Also, have you contacted your surgeon  to express concern and find out what he or she can do for you to satisfy your concerns? 

The fact that you claim to have retrograde alopecia and donor thinning everywhere, tells me that no matter who did your hair transplant, you will experience a loss of hair because if the donor area isn’t safe, then the recipient area isn’t safe. 

Another question I have is,  where are you experiencing any signs of donor thinning at the time of your hair transplant or was this a more recent development afterwards? 

Please answer the above questions as thoroughly as possible so we have a better understanding of what’s going on in your case. Please also post the photos we’ve asked.

Best wishes,

Bill

Wandering, thanks for posting this. Its a valuable contribution to the site. Many guys in their late teens and early twenties rush to get a hair transplant before they fully understand where their hair loss is headed. Ethical, competent surgeons should not let you get into this situation.  They should help you assess your long term hair loss and work with you to develop a long term plan before excising a single hair. They have a duty to ensure you are making an informed decision with long term goals in mind.  Unfortunately, many hair transplant clinics ethical standards are proportional to the length of their waiting list.

If you do post pictures, people here may be able to help recommend some options. I really hope you find peace.

• Administrators

First off let me say, I am terribly sorry to hear about your situation. Would you be willing to share some pictures? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yeah! It is right to clinic for people taking a big advantage from the good clinic. There are so many peoples who finding the best doctor and surgeons but the right to choose the services client take right treatment and make a happy life.