Kindly suggest for going pakistan at Dr.Humayun clinic

Hi!

I'am an Indian and currently working in Kigndom of Saudi Arabia from last 1 year.

As I'm impressed with the conversations had with the people of Dr.Humayun but being an indian scared is it venture to travel pakistan due to the current problems between India and Pakistan.

Guyz who went to pakistan from India for Hair transplant i want to discuss the experience.

Kindly suggest me is it safe to travel pakistan for Hair Transplant as being an Indian.

plz also mail me on

sameer.events@gmail.com

Sameer,

In my opinion, Dr. Mohmand is certainly worth considering. However, I couldn't tell you how "safe" it is to travel from India to Pakistan right now. Perhaps some of his Indian patients can testify here on this forum or Dr. Mohmand can get you in touch with some of his Indian patients directly.

You may also want to consider Dr. Pathomvanich from Thailand who is also doing excellent work.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Sameer

Get in touch with Javy from forum he is indian in india and had to take all the trouble to come over to Pakistan. He has a frst hand knowledge of how we work.

I am sure he will be of some assistance. Ill be in dubai on 23rd August looking for a place to start my clinic.

May be thats a time we can chat and have a consultation

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I would agree with HTInitiate.

For work-related stuff, I have traveled extensively in the middle east and in South Asia, and Asia in general. If you're from India or Israel, you can potentially get into serious trouble in Pakistan.

Thailand would be much safer and more welcoming for an Indian.

Also, don't rule out the outstanding doctors from the US and Canada. Most of them would give a travel discount for out-of-town (or in your case even out-of-continent) patients.

So at this stage, consider all options irrespective of geographical location, and then make an informed decision.

By the way

I have been recently asked by an saudi firm to come to Riadh for surgery at their centre. might take couple of months or more

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

dear sameer i had met dr humayun in dubai.one day when i was in office mr nawas khan who is the consultant of dr humayun gave me a message that dr humayun is visiting dubai and this is the mob no so pls conatact him.as he said i called dr humayun but he didnt pick up the line.after 10 minute he called me on mobile and he said the place where he planned me to meet.he is a very nice person .he gave me 100 satisfied answer for all my question.first of all i understood from him that he is not intrested in take that much money thorugh this hair plant and he is trying to get a king post in thi field.iam sure that if he go like this definitly he will get.after check my head he said he can give good result.so i asked him fater 1 year if didnt get good result so what u can do for me.he said dont worry i will do free surgery if u didnt get good result.his thi sword gavve me more confidence i said to him that as iam a indian ia have dobt that ure pakisthan embassy will give visa or not he said he will also try to get visa for me from his said.i think his the goood dr in this field

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can you post a picture of your scar? How many grafts did you get? Also, seeing this is your first post and your location is Islamabad, Pakistan I think without photos many would probably have a hard time with your story.

Originally posted by attockbay7:

I kindly DO NOT suggest going to pakistan and doing HT with dr. Humayun. I actually like most people thought that Dr.Humayun was a good Doctor after all the stuff i read about him, but i was financially and morally wrong to do an HT with him. I travelled all the way to islamabad, pakistan from USA to meet him. He not only gave me a montrous 1/2 inch scar (ear to ear) but he also reversed the whole process from a previous HT, i now have less hair than what i used to have before i went to him. I cant even cut my hair to a size 3 or 4 without someone asking me "what happend here". It is almost been 4 months now i see no hair sprouting and i dont think it will be so technically this is a ~~FAILED HT~~~. He had the nerve to ask me to come to pakistan at my own expense making it sound like i was to blame. He has crushed me financially and confidence wise and took my precious time from life. There are plenty of good doctors in pakistan. He keeps saying that he backs his work, what doctor doesnt? when it comes from your expense, he is obviously playing it "Safe". It is he that is supposed to take care of all my travel expenses after all he is to blame for. I really feel cheated by him in a lot ways. If you have any questions my email is attockbay7@hotmail.com

Im sorry, are you judging your HT at 4!!!!! months????

Most people barely get any growth at that time, and is it possible that the 'scar' could be donor shockloss?

You need to take the time to educate yourself in the field of HT, in hindsight you should have done it before.

Hopefully no one will listen to your nonsense of a failed HT at 4!!! freaking months..

And show us the scar, please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Attockbay,

Why are you judging a hair transplant that takes up to a year plus to mature in the stages where growth is only just beginning?

Transplanted hair growth doesn't begin until 3 to 5 months after the procedure. Transplanted hair starts growing thin, fine, and colorless and over a period of months, darkens, thickens, and matures.

And though scar stretching is possible and can happen in some patients (regardless of a physician's technique), I can't help but wonder at only 4 months if the 1/2 inch scar you're seeing is actually minimal scarring with temporary shock loss surrounding the scar. This is typical the first several months of a hair transplant and I wouldn't be surprised if it's true in your case.

At this early stage, you aren't in a position to judge your hair transplant. The surgical hair restoration process should have been explained to you prior to having the procedure. At this stage however, all you can do is wait and see how it turns out. Given Dr. Mohmand's track record, I'd expect your outcome will be positive.

In my opinion, contact Dr. Mohmand and go over your concerns with him. In my experience, he's very caring and dedicated to his patients and will do everything it takes to get you the results you want.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dear Friends

This Gentleman is a patient of mine who had a hair transplant done in another clinic and had about 5 to 6 mm scar, but unfortunately I did not take the pictures of his previous scar.

So I cannot back my words so I will not blame his previous surgery.

Having said this, His surgery was done on 28th July and he called me in september/oct that he has a huge scar and send me few pictures.

He had 2630 grafts with 1300 of them as single hair grafts and rest as mainly two's.

Knowing that he had a previous surgery and as per his honest confession that the previous scar was big but not as big as he see it now (email saved with me) he told me that the surgery is a total failure and I need to give him his money back and also the cost of travelling.

I told him all about the shock loss and the minimum time to see any improvement at all is about 4 to 5 months and that we will look after him but he has to wait till April before we can even discuss any issues regarding the failure.

He told me in his last email that he will go onto all the forums and threatened me with bad publicity and all he has written. He told me that he will do every thing in his power to hit me hard.

Time and again I told him to stay patient and when ever he is back we will look into the matter and sort the things out for him.

In his last email, He told me he is coming to Pakistan in December and I need to redo the surgery and I told him that no way I am gonna do anything before the end of april and all he has to do is be patient.

he is not ready to listen to anything and is adamant that i need to give him his full refund and also the return ticket cause he travelled all the way from USA.

I can be there for him for a complimentary surgery, I can even look into giving him his 100% money back but I am not morally responsible for a travelling refund.

Anyway, before he even complain about anything he needs to wait till minimum of April 2010.

At the same time I am sure that the forum will discourage people like him to miss use his right of speach to defame some one else who works hard to earn his reputation.

We as doctors have to work very hard to achieve a certain level and some one who does not understand the procedure and can just give a bad mouth.

I was actually initially even ready to give him partial travelling cost, but since he threatened me with black mailing, I have withdrawn my personal favour to him.

As much as I am a soft heart man I feel pride in my work and if some one comes and hurt my pride I do know my rights as well.

I would ask the forum, to tell him the importance of patience, the shock loss, the time frame before we can even consider the hair transplant results, the limitation of a second procedure, his age and the fact he had 2630 grafts as a second surgery.

Once he understand and I am sure with the time when he will get his results back, which he will, he need to say sorry to me.

regards to every one

---

i totally agree with dr humayun....

he is not bound to pay the traveling cost and as he mentioned he was agree to do the complimentary surgery than whats the problem with this guy??

dear attockboy u better post your pics on the forum and only than you will be able to get the fair opinion.otherwise no body is going to believe you.you cant simply say he is a bad doc.i have personally seen his results and i think he is good in his job...

Dear Razi

Thank you for support, I can post his pictures if he ask me to do so.

The problem is not of bad results or so, the problem is he will complete his 4 months on 28th Nov 2009. We all know that the shock loss will last till 5 months post op.

that means till 28th Dec 2009, and only then he will start having to recover his old and new hairs.

The hair tend to grow about 1 to 2 cm per month, so by the time he will recover his same length it will be not earlier than March April, so as far as he keeps his patience I am there all the way with him supporting him. But there is a right way of asking things and there is a wrong way of asking things.

I am afraid he just do not understand and in spite of telling him time and again.

HE HAS TO WAIT ONLY. the time will tell and if the results are not there then I will compensate without him even asking for it.

I protect my patients from my own self. Just because they are the consumer and I can profit from some one else, so consumer protection is there. Self Audit.

---

attockbay7,

Although I agree that you were out of line in your post, it would have been better to leave it in place and apoligise. By deleting your initial post, new readers would have found it impossible to follow the thread if it wasn't for MikeTheDane quoting you.

I'm glad you have realised that 4 months is simply far too early to judge your results and that attacking Dr M Humayun Mohmand in the way you did was wrong.

The 4 month mark is always a worrying point in the transplant process.

Most of us have been there, if you post your concerns it may help to get feedback from other members.

Dr M Humayun Mohmand,

This Gentleman is a patient of mine who had a hair transplant done in

another clinic and had about 5 to 6 mm scar, but unfortunately I did not

take the pictures of his previous scar.

So I cannot back my words so I will not blame his previous surgery.

I strongly suggest you start documenting your cases better. If the patient had a 5-6mm scar, I'd have thought that would be one of the most important things to document with text and photos. I am in no way suggesting he did not have this wide scar prior to surgery with yourself, and attockbay7 is not denying it - but not to document it properly can only come back and bite you.

Dear Maxxy

As I could not find the pictures I presume that I did not take may be I have forgotten or may be I lost the file in transit from Camera to laptop.

But That is why I am not defending the scar at all.

Though I thank all of you

Mind you he had a full consultation and this was not his first surgrey at all. So he should be knowing it even before but we do make sure that all people especially the in between hair transplant should know about shock loss.

But will be careful.

---

I do hope you get the results you are waiting for. Seeing Dr. Mohmand offered you travelling cost, even partially, seems quite generous. I'll have to agree with others, four month is way too early to judge your results.

I believe i was premature to comment on anything , I formally apolized to him through email. MikeTheDane can you remove my quote.

attockbay7, I'm not sure if MikeTheDane will remove your quote but personally I don't believe he should.

The thread has progessed since your initial post, and members have now replied to it. You have already deleted your post, so if MikeTheDane also removes your quote it will confuse readers more and make all the replies baseless.

It's unfortunate you made the post but I believe you have to stand by that mistake, you shouldn't be able to make comments and then go round deleting all evidence of them when you later regret it.