how to get rid of flakes on scalp

I'd go see a dermatologist, they may have some remedies or prescriptions after they diagnose you.

Over the counter, Nizoral can be helpful.

You likely have scaling caused by seborrhoeic dermatitis, it's fairly common, but can be managed and mitigated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seborrhoeic_dermatitis

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Hi do you have crusting or very small specks of dry skin?

i had hairs implanted around the eyebrows and it’s still an issue for me after 7 years. 

You know when you wake up and get dry skin around the eyes well I also get small specks of  dry skin between the area of the top eyelid and below my eyebrows but I don’t ever recall having such issues before my initial procedure and I get dry skin not only around the transplanted hairs but on areas of skin below the eyebrow 

the problem is just made worse when I do exercise then the dry skin builds up and gets soggy so by rubbing it off the skin just spreads it

some kind of shampoo or moisturised will help but don’t be fooled that the shampoo is making it worse because i felt that at first but it’s actually  helping to lift it off  the skin and also do not scratch or rub it off as the dry skin would come back 

11 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

Does anyone know how soon after a hair transplant one can use nizoral shampoo to treat this condition?

I'd email your specific surgeon to see what they advise, they may have a routine they prefer you adopt.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I've found Nizoral to be one of the only things that works for me. I use it in combination with a steroid when my itchy/flaky scalp has an outbreak, and it works wonders. 

I've also found that applying Raw Apple Cider Vinegar to my scalp works really well if you want a more holistic approach. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

5 hours ago, pkipling said:

I've found Nizoral to be one of the only things that works for me. I use it in combination with a steroid when my itchy/flaky scalp has an outbreak, and it works wonders. 

I've also found that applying Raw Apple Cider Vinegar to my scalp works really well if you want a more holistic approach. 

Hi 

which steroid do you apply? I was prescribed clobetasol 

On 9/11/2018 at 7:23 PM, jj51702 said:

Hi 

which steroid do you apply? I was prescribed clobetasol 

Same one! Clobetasol Propienate. It works wonders. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56