Hey guys,

correct me if i am wrong, but i noticed in almost every thread i read that almost everyone who had a HT procedure at the front of the scalp is doing another one. i don't mean a separate one to the crown but on the same front area, if it is a touch up or just another one.

why is that?, one procedure can't be enough? and i see that phrase, illusion of density, so you can't get good density with a HT?

The simple reality is that achieving something that is even cosmetically similar to native density and with similar volume is virtually impossible in a single procedure for most patients. The only cases in which it is a perfect one and done tend to be work in a very small area at extreme levels of dense packing or those where the thickness and texture of hair is enough to provide perfect results in a first run-through.

In my case it wasn't as if the density in the first run-through was totally unacceptable either or anything like that, but for example at very short lengths the transplanted areas didn't blend perfectly with native hairs, when I hadn't washed my hair for a few days it looked like shit and was lacking in volume,  and it didn't style perfectly to my liking mainly because on one side there was a slight lack of density behind the hairline that made it look slightly less uniform. The reality though is that when it's washed and at a decent length I look like a normal guy in their early twenties, previously I looked like a balding dude in his mid thirties. 

It's not particularly different than anything else in the world related to products and services either, no one NEEDS to drive a Lexus or a Mercedes as opposed to a Toyota which is reliable and gets you from a - b, but its always preferable to get the best you possibly can and eventually go for an upgrade if you can afford to do so.

Edited by JeanLDD
  • Like 1

Some patients are able to get decent density with a single procedure. a lot depends on if the patient had any existing hair in the transplanted area, what type of hair does the patient have ( fine vs course / straight vs wavy/curly) and what percentage of the grafts survive the transplant and grow successfully. 

• Like 1

Another thing.

let's say someone had a HT. he doesn't pleased with the results and going back for more or for touch ups.

and they transplanted more grafts between the "old" transplanted hair, there is no native hair in the area.

could it be a case of shock loss of that "old" transplanted hair? or transplanted hair won't shed forever (in most of cases).

hope you understand what i mean.

I had 2000 in 2011, and I was pretty pleased, but I knew all along that I would want more as time went on.  I am getting 2300 more in September. 

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More