Bad result From a Surgeon

mosd

I think he was recommended until around August 2015.  That was some time ago.  He hasn’t been after that.  Bottom line is I hope you get it resolved.  Just be mindful when moving forward of any dense packing in that same recipient zone.  Also, if a doctor inserts chunkier grafts in that zone, be weary.   It can cause myriad of issues which include ridging and cobblestoning amonst other things.  I would get a few consults from various surgeons to see what they think.  

On the plus side, Dr Karadeniz costs were probably really cheap-  less or near 1 per graft.  So, hopefully you didn’t lose much financially.  Some folks have paid OVER  $20,000 USD for a 5000+ graft procedure and usually have a harder time moving forward due to so much debt and loss if something goes wrong.  And usually, depending on the level of repair needed, some folks may need to go through multiple expensive repairs they pay for to try to get this type of thing sorted.  In your case, it seems it can be handled by a proper repair.  

Again, best of luck and definitely keep is posted.  Wish you the best.  

4 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Mosd and all,

For the record, Dr. Karadeniz Is NOT recommended by this community. Ironically, the reason why he is not is because she did not want to be scrutinized or held publicly accountable by a discussion forum community. That said, that doesn’t mean that any of his work isn’t great in most cases, I really don’t know. But I do know is, we were first initially impressed by what we saw but given that he didn’t want to be held publicly accountable on our forum, we could not continue with his recommendation.   To be fair, this was his choice and we never discontinued his recommendation officially. However, had he asked to be recommended anyway but not held publicly accountable on this forum, we would’ve had to discontinue his recommendation. 

That said, I do see some areas of thin spots however, it doesn’t look bad with your hair styled.  Have you spoken with Dr. Karadeniz  about your concerns? If so, what did he say? If not, why not? 

I am however, going to change the topic of this thread because this doctor is not recommended. Even if he was at the time, this particular topic was created long after he was recommended and thus, it is not fair to this community to suggest that your result is as a result of a recommended doctor when it’s not. 

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill, 

The Doctor was recommended at the time i had my surgery, thus the title. Otherwise, i wouldn't have raised my conserns at this forum. 

i have reached out to the doctor and they say they cant help me any more. The patience coordinator have blocked me and the doctor is not replying to my texts. 

43 minutes ago, Sean said:

I think he was recommended until around August 2015.  That was some time ago.  He hasn’t been after that.  Bottom line is I hope you get it resolved.  Just be mindful when moving forward of any dense packing in that same recipient zone.  Also, if a doctor inserts chunkier grafts in that zone, be weary.   It can cause myriad of issues which include ridging and cobblestoning amonst other things.  I would get a few consults from various surgeons to see what they think.  

On the plus side, Dr Karadeniz costs were probably really cheap-  less or near 1 per graft.  So, hopefully you didn’t lose much financially.  Some folks have paid OVER  $20,000 USD for a 5000+ graft procedure and usually have a harder time moving forward due to so much debt and loss if something goes wrong.  And usually, depending on the level of repair needed, some folks may need to go through multiple expensive repairs they pay for to try to get this type of thing sorted.  In your case, it seems it can be handled by a proper repair.  

Again, best of luck and definitely keep is posted.  Wish you the best.  

"It can cause myriad of issues which include ridging and cobblestoning amonst other things.  "

sounds scary, dont even know what it mean. But does it mean that since i had 2 transplant in that area its not longer possible to dense grafts there?

9 minutes ago, mosd said:

"It can cause myriad of issues which include ridging and cobblestoning amonst other things.  "

sounds scary, dont even know what it mean. But does it mean that since i had 2 transplant in that area its not longer possible to dense grafts there?

Well, it depends on how dense.  You have to realize your recipient zone has been impacted in the same zone more than once.  Other surgeons mentioned to me it is like using used soil over again.  You obviously have scar tissue formation every time the skin is impacted, thus growth can be less or not all grafts may grow.  This depends on the level of scarring there.  Some surgeons have different strategies.  If surgeon thinks you cant have more growth in the zone, they may say they need to excise the scar tissue there.  Repair advice will probably vary from surgeon.  Ridging is like a raised speedbump like feel in the recipient zone.  Cobblestoning is a goosebumps like texture around grafts that is visible to the eye.

i think with proper surgeon that deals with repairs, you should be ok.  How far can you travel for repair.  I really feel for you as I know how this feels.  

Edited by Sean

25 minutes ago, Sean said:

Well, it depends on how dense.  You have to realize your recipient zone has been impacted in the same zone more than once.  Other surgeons mentioned to me it is like using used soil over again.  You obviously have scar tissue formation every time the skin is impacted, thus growth can be less or not all grafts may grow.  This depends on the level of scarring there.  Some surgeons have different strategies.  If surgeon thinks you cant have more growth in the zone, they may say they need to excise the scar tissue there.  Repair advice will probably vary from surgeon.  Ridging is like a raised speedbump like feel in the recipient zone.  Cobblestoning is a goosebumps like texture around grafts that is visible to the eye.

i think with proper surgeon that deals with repairs, you should be ok.  How far can you travel for repair.  I really feel for you as I know how this feels.  

actually im thinking of Erdogan in the future...

Did you have a bad transplant too?

Probably would be more accurate to title the thread "bad result from a formerly recommended surgeon". Thank you for sharing your experience. Please keep us updated as things evolve or if you decide to get further work down the line.