Teeth whitening and hair transplant

Hey guys,

You may find this concern irrational, but if someone is 3 months post op, is there any problem with having your teeth whitened professionally at the dentist?

I thought it best to steer on the side of caution and ask here first!

Thanks ?

What are you fearful of happening exactly?

3 months post op your grafts are quite secure and either dormant or about to grow, whitening your teeth won't have any impact on that.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Hey guys,

You may find this concern irrational, but if someone is 3 months post op, is there any problem with having your teeth whitened professionally at the dentist?

Thanks ?

Was wondering the same lately :D

• 3 years later...

There is nothing wrong with teeth whitening, since the upper part of the tooth enamel, which consists of microbes and tooth dirt. When I needed to whiten my teeth, I consulted on the website http://jeffreygrossdds.com about the consequences and disadvantages of teeth whitening. Of the minuses, I can name the increased sensitivity of teeth to food and water for a couple of weeks. For me, this was a significant disadvantage, since I really like to drink and eat delicious food. However, I found a life hack that helped avoid this consequence. I drank water and ate food without touching my teeth and it really helped me. I didn't find any more disadvantages of whitening teeth. Therefore, I can safely recommend this operation to you.

Edited by darcysesko

• Valued Contributor
On 6/22/2018 at 7:09 AM, gettingfue said:

Hey guys,

Thanks ?

Now this is weird!! I'm three months post op and I actually am having my teeth whitened tomorrow! 🤣😁