Very light Social smoking

Hey guys

I have a procedure in two months.

I don’t consider myself to be a smoker- I have had a couple cigarettes with friends on nights out and that’s about it.

Unfortunately these last few days I was staying with friends who smoke and inevitably I had a couple cigarettes. I immediately regretted it.

I won’t touch them again and certainly not before or after my surgery. But should I be concerned about the impact these few cigarettes might have on my outcome?

• Administrators

That should have no effect on the results. I’m not a smoker, but when I go out with friends and have a few drinks, I will inevitably smoke a few cigarettes as well. I never had any issues with growth.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

'Very Light Social Smoking'.

I like the concept (and I am an ex-smoker - but quit 41 years ago).

But I realized that there is no such thing as Light Emphysema or Light Lung Cancer. Or in my sister's case, Light Jaw Cancer.

I know, I'm such a Buzz Kill.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Casual smoking is nothing to experiment or engage in...it will inevitably lead to more smoking. Nicotine is one of the most if not the most addictive substances on this planet.

And it's no wonder why many cannot quit.

My advice?...quit it altogether as I know firsthand what it's like to have lung cancer and living with one lung.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 5:17 PM, gillenator said:

Casual smoking is nothing to experiment or engage in...it will inevitably lead to more smoking. Nicotine is one of the most if not the most addictive substances on this planet.

And it's no wonder why many cannot quit.

My advice?...quit it altogether as I know firsthand what it's like to have lung cancer and living with one lung.

Thank you. I am going to take this to heart.

although I don’t necessarily agree that casual smoking “inevitably leads to more smoking”. I myself, and several of my friends, smoke maybe 2-3 cigarettes per month and have never felt the need to smoke more