Dr Lorenzo's technicians (training, experience, credentials)

Hi there,

I'm considering flying to Europe to have FUE with Dr Lorenzo. I'm really impressed by his openness to share so many results.

I have a question though regarding his technicians. How much training do they receive? I reached out to a German dude who told me a young woman from the UK, Grace, did his extractions for Dr Lorenzo. I tried to search on this forum about her but all the info available on this forum regarding her, positive though it was, does not suggest that she is an extractor (a previous patient on this forum described her as an 'implant loader'). So, does anyone know how long she has been doing it?

Generally, how much training do his technicians receive? I've read it's important to know who will be doing the extractions as this is a crucial step in the process - please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the heads up guys!

Dr Lorenzos techs go thru an insanely rigorous training process. One of the pen loader techs told me she trained for 6 months just on loading the pen before she got to be a part of an op team, she said she was just loading cotton into a pen over and over for 6 months lol and they're literally just loading the pen for Dr Lorenzo...if you're doing anything that touches the patient which is just extraction with Dr L as he implants himself, the process is longer... Grace has been with Dr Lorenzo since he was in England, years, she was first a pen loader as that's the first level but she has moved on to doing extractions. After sufficient time as a pen loader and proving themsleves to Dr Lorenzo they can choose to undergo the next step and learn extracting which is again a lengthy process, not every tech makes it to extraction nor do all who train make it as an extractor on patients. He is a great dude but the ultimate perfectionist, if you're not good enough you don't get near a patient. He told me if his extraction team wasn't as good as he was at it, he wouldn't let them do it so trust they're fully qualified and trained. His teams don't have a high turnover like some other clinics so he's had largely the same team in place for a long time. Grace did half of my extractions and she is great.

It sounds like some of your questions are specific to Dr. Lorenzo and others are not. I will answer questions more generally. Technicians go through various quantities of training depending on the physician but hair transplant surgeons recommended by our community make their technicians go through very thorough training. As one of our members said above, training can be very tedious and time-consuming but it’s worth it since ultimately, if one technician is off their game even on one particular day, and entire hair transplant could be messed up and it will be the doctors responsibility. So while a technician is extremely important as are all of them regarding the hair transplant process, at the end of the day, the hair transplant surgeon is responsible for the ultimate result.

Dr. Lorenzo was previously recommended by our community but now that he has moved back to Spain, he doesn’t really have the time to engage with patients on this forum which is why he isn’t a part of it any longer. I actually would like to reach out to him to see if he now has any additional time that he’d like to devote to our transparent process and working with our patients and community since his work and results I’ve always been top notch.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dr Lorenzos techs go thru an insanely rigorous training process. One of the pen loader techs told me she trained for 6 months just on loading the pen before she got to be a part of an op team, she said she was just loading cotton into a pen over and over for 6 months lol and they're literally just loading the pen for Dr Lorenzo...if you're doing anything that touches the patient which is just extraction with Dr L as he implants himself, the process is longer... Grace has been with Dr Lorenzo since he was in England, years, she was first a pen loader as that's the first level but she has moved on to doing extractions. After sufficient time as a pen loader and proving themsleves to Dr Lorenzo they can choose to undergo the next step and learn extracting which is again a lengthy process, not every tech makes it to extraction nor do all who train make it as an extractor on patients. He is a great dude but the ultimate perfectionist, if you're not good enough you don't get near a patient. He told me if his extraction team wasn't as good as he was at it, he wouldn't let them do it so trust they're fully qualified and trained. His teams don't have a high turnover like some other clinics so he's had largely the same team in place for a long time. Grace did half of my extractions and she is great.

Mikey, can you try to pm me.

I am unable to pm you,

Thanks

It sounds like some of your questions are specific to Dr. Lorenzo and others are not. I will answer questions more generally. Technicians go through various quantities of training depending on the physician but hair transplant surgeons recommended by our community make their technicians go through very thorough training. As one of our members said above, training can be very tedious and time-consuming but it’s worth it since ultimately, if one technician is off their game even on one particular day, and entire hair transplant could be messed up and it will be the doctors responsibility. So while a technician is extremely important as are all of them regarding the hair transplant process, at the end of the day, the hair transplant surgeon is responsible for the ultimate result.

Dr. Lorenzo was previously recommended by our community but now that he has moved back to Spain, he doesn’t really have the time to engage with patients on this forum which is why he isn’t a part of it any longer. I actually would like to reach out to him to see if he now has any additional time that he’d like to devote to our transparent process and working with our patients and community since his work and results I’ve always been top notch.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill, can you make sure my pm capabilities are turned on and then delete this post?

I am trying to pm Mikey with some questions?

Thanks

Mikey, can you try to pm me.

I am unable to pm you,

Thanks

Bill, can you make sure my pm capabilities are turned on and then delete this post?

I am trying to pm Mikey with some questions?

Thanks

Mickey, I got your pm threw my e-mail only, so I cannot reply but Thanks for the try.:(

I have logged onto 3 different computers and tried to access my messages (it says I have 4 waiting to be read). I try to open them and it says "this page is unavailable" or "this page cannot be opened":confused:

Thanks again for trying

I am trying to decide between Konior and Lorenzo for an additional 1,000 grafts at a time. I have had 3400 with a top Beligan doc(2 surgeries). For some reason I am not getting the yield that is expected. I am wanting to try a different approach, like Koniors stick and place or Lorenzos pen.

I Live in the USA,

Thanks

Best wishes,

Bill

I agree, Dr Lorenzo is one of the best FUE docs in the business so it would be good to have him back on the forum.

However, on the Spanish forums it has been revealed that Dr Lorenzo's partner, Ximena Vila is leaving his clinic to start her own clinic. She was trained by Lorenzo and has worked with him since 2009, so is just as good as he is.

It may be worth seeing if she wants to join the forum? Her results are also very good.

Her website is XimenaVila.com

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

ndubya - please create your own thread.

Oh, I am sorry, my long time forum member friend.

Free bump for your dead thread.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY MORE INFO FOR MR. gettingfue about Dr Lorenzos techs??

Has Dr. LORENZO Had any positive results in the last few years?

Is he a Good surgeon? Does he know what he is doing?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!!:D

Lorenzo has a video channel on vimeo. Google 'injertocapilar vimeo'

There's hundreds of video results and they are updated all the time.

Also there's a Spanish forum with patient and clinic posted results.

Google 'recuperarelpelo'

Propecia since July 2008

What are you trying to prove with your hostility and sarcasm? I was getting notifications about my thread due to your posts that had absolutely nothing to do with my question and were concerning your inability to use a PM function.

Go to the off topic, where your question obviously belongs. For your ease, here is the link: Off-Topic Posts - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

This is how forums work. You can't just post completely irrelevant questions in a very specific thread for your own purposes.

Furthermore, my length of time on the forum is irrelevant to your misuse of the forum.

@ndubya do you know if Lorenzo will operate without finasteride?? I had terrible sides on finasteride and simply I am not able to take it. As far as I know, Freitas won't operate without it, how about dr Lorenzo?

@ndubya do you know if Lorenzo will operate without finasteride?? I had terrible sides on finasteride and simply I am not able to take it. As far as I know, Freitas won't operate without it, how about dr Lorenzo?

From the cases I've seen, he does operate without finasteride, but only if hair loss is stable.

Propecia since July 2008