If u had prior tattoos u might have less redness ?

Legend007

I was just wondering if u had tattoos on ur body and u no issues with healing.. would that be a good sign thay ur scalp can handle a hair trAnzplNt ? I’m really worried about the redness / pinkish look on the recipient area lasting too long .. I’ve read upon a few people here that had a good transplant but that redness lingers pass a year .. do u guys think there is a correlation here with the tatoos ..

• Administrators

The redness typically effects individuals that are really pale and fair skinnned. For example I didn’t experience any redness, but I believe that is due to the fact that I have an olive complexion. On the other hand, a guy who’s really blonde or has red hair would probably experience redness to some degree.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Having tattoos and a HT, for me there wasn't a correlation between the two. My scalp has always been rather sensitive (the rest of my skin, not so much), so it makes sense to me that the redness of my scalp lingered a little longer than I would've hoped. If you're someone with a sensitive scalp in general (or fair skin, as mentioned above), you might can expect the redness to last a little longer - but unfortunately, there's no way to know for sure how your scalp will react until you do it.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I read from Rassman blog that if u have an anti histamine disorder where ur skin bruises easily ,, the redness can linger for a long long time .. that’s what scares me .. he also said to test urself by scratching ur forehead n see how long the redness remains..

.. that’s a good idea to use girls foundation for coverup the redness ..

I read from Rassman blog that if u have an anti histamine disorder where ur skin bruises easily ,, the redness can linger for a long long time .. that’s what scares me .. he also said to test urself by scratching ur forehead n see how long the redness remains..

.. that’s a good idea to use girls foundation for coverup the redness ..

I wouldn't worry about the redness too much. Like I said, mine stayed a bit longer than was anticipated, but as the hairs grow out, the redness becomes less and less noticeable and is essentially covered up by the new hair. In the early stages, if you can find a foundation that matches your skin tone, the redness becomes a non-issue, as long as you don't mind applying foundation. I was doing it for about a month or so before I felt I no longer needed to.

• 1 month later...

While there is no direct correlation between undergoing hair transplant surgery and getting tattooing, if your body seems to heal quickly overall plan trauma occurs…which includes tattooing and hair transplant surgery or any cuts, bruises or damage done to your body, then It is quite likely that your scalp will heal more quickly from a hair transplant then others who don’t heal as fast from injury. As for exactly how long it will take you to heal, will depends on a number of factors but your own physiology is certainly one consideration. How much trauma of the scalp receives is certainly another one. This directly correlates to the type of donor excision technique that’s performed, how many grafts you receive, the size of the cutting instruments, etc.

I hope this helps.

Bill