Hi! I’ve been suffering from hair loss for at least 8 years. Since I was 16-17. I begged doctors to help me and none of them seemed very concerned so I decided to try and fix things on my own. I started working on my diet and cut out gluten. My hair still seems to be shedding quite a bit but I’m seeing tiny hairs everywhere, which I’ve never seen before. Could this be new growth even though I’m still shedding?

DEBCF85C-856D-4658-9599-75D04BDE41D3.thumb.jpg.bc3321b69e7baa996e26c5da60562a43.jpg

173354D4-94CA-44D3-8840-D952FDD6B379.thumb.jpg.58ccd73e20341098cc550b91713d6c70.jpg

ADCBFD9F-7F3B-4851-99C7-B6F07870B6A1.thumb.jpg.e2da09b74739f2817d99e8a22070cd63.jpg

It looks like ur current hair .. u suffering from MpB , top of ur scalp is thinning n Falling out easier , that’s why ur hair volume /density is so low , ur hair is flat.. I’m experiencing the same thing last few years .. if u don’t get on finasteride soon there be no more hair to save .. its ur last chance to saving what u got before u get bald areas.. u losing more hair than ur body can regrow .. so don’t waste anymore time with meds n nutrients that are not fda Approved ...

The new hairs u seeing. Are the shedded hairs that have grown back after their shed cycle only thinner n weaker .. u have MPB .. eating healthy n stuff can only do so many much .. u need finasteride to slow down ur hair shedding before they disappear .. but even fin can only do so much .. sorry u experiencing hairloss at such a young age .. it be okay though. Good luck to u

It appears that the OP is female? Please clarify because if so, she cannot take finasteride.

There is however Rogaine for women available.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators

Have you tried minoxidil 2%? I would suggest visiting a hair restoration surgeon to examine your hair for female patterned alopecia. Shedding does not always equal balding. Everyone sheds, its whether the follicles are miniaturizing that matters.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yes the op is female! She has clearly mentioned in her profile page

Diet has very limited effect on hair, its all connected to Genetics. I am not sure whether those baby hairs will mature or not.

I would advise you to have a consultation with the doctors who are recommended over here.

It does sound like a genetic condition (FPB) to me.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY