Anyone ever removed new hair transplant graphs, permanently?

Hi, I recently had a procedure done a little over a year ago for roughly 2,300 FUE graphs. Unfortunately, I was misinformed regarding hair transplantation processes and would like to know if anyone has been successful in removing new graphs?

I was under the assumption that I would have the full density in my temple areas, but the job is just too sparse to cover completely. My concern is if anyone has had some, if not all of their new hair transplant graphs taken out, permanently?

I spent years saving all of the money to afford the procedure, to later learn that my hair was fine the way that it was. Any feedback is greatly appreciated as I would love to take the proper steps forward in removing the graphs, so my hair looks normal (even if I look like I'm balding.)

Thank you

Is a second procedure out of the question? Often a second surgery can give satisfying density that was lacking the first time. It just seems a shame to remove irreplaceable hairs that you paid good money to have transplanted.

As this forum is more about restoring hair, the info we have to offer will be very limited. I suggest you do some extensive searching and I'm sure you'll find a solution as it is much easier to remove hair than regrow or transplant it.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Pulling out newly transplanted grafts is probably the worst thing you can do. Even if you thought the hair was going to be transplanted in the temples to give you more density, you will still end up with a net gain and hair if you let it grow out. You can then get a second hair transplant to thicken up the density in the temples and other areas to make your head of hair even thicker and more natural looking. But pulling out crafts, not only do you risk infection and very unnatural looking hair since you may be successful removing some but not all, but it’s a hell of a waste of money.

Why not let this hair transplant grow out and then get a second procedure to fill in any areas that aren’t as dense as you would like.

Best wishes,

Bill

I would assume, from Oscarito's third paragraph, that a second surgery is financially out of reach. Which is understandable.

If there is a remote possibility of raising the funds for a second procedure in the future, then I would try and live with the result for now. Perhaps make use of concealers. Even a disappointing result might not be as bad or as detectable as you think. We are our own biggest critics, after all.

• Administrators

Oscarito,

Im familiar with your case and i must say, your results looked good. Removing hair transplant grafts could cause scarring. I would certainly opt for a second pass for density. If you speak with your surgeon about your concerns, im sure you could reach an arrangement. Have you tried to contact your clinic?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If you're okay with it, would you be willing to post a few pics so we can see what your concerns are?

If you must have the hair removed, I would recommend using a laser technique or electrolysis, not surgery.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

His results were extremely good .. people would pay a lot of money for his hair .. what is it u don’t like about ur transplant Oscar?

It’s cases like these that scares me away from a transplant , even when it turns out good , there’s always something wrong ..

I didn't realise you'd posted photos. I just took a look and I see a pretty good result. With your hair texture it looks even better and I can't see why you'd want to undo what has been done. I totally stand by what I already said.

It does look like a good result...:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators

Oscarito,

I strongly urge you to contact the clinic with your concerns. You have visually appealing results. However, I understand the results may have not met your expectations. It’s important to remember hair transplantation is about creating an illusion of visual density.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.