When should you expect the transplanted hair to shed?

My understanding was that it begins around the 2 week mark. As of about day 11 I noticed the transplanted hair starting to shed, whenever I wash I would usually find small hairs on my finger, not attached to anything and no bulb on the end just small hairs by themselves about the size of an eyelash or smaller (obviously the transplanted hair).

I noticed today the recepient area though still full of transplanted hair, is definitely a bit more bare than it was say 4 or 5 days ago. Is this normal to be shedding the transplanted hair this early?

My understanding was that it begins around the 2 week mark. As of about day 11 I noticed the transplanted hair starting to shed, whenever I wash I would usually find small hairs on my finger, not attached to anything and no bulb on the end just small hairs by themselves about the size of an eyelash or smaller (obviously the transplanted hair).

I noticed today the recepient area though still full of transplanted hair, is definitely a bit more bare than it was say 4 or 5 days ago. Is this normal to be shedding the transplanted hair this early?

Hi Benny,

It does seem a bit early - however others report starting the shed 4 to 6 weeks post Op. So proves everyone's bodies reacts slightly differently. Key thing I would say is that you don't mention any blood and you don't have any bulbs attached. Day 10 appears to be the key date when all grafts should have anchored securely. I started to shed very early and 95% of the transplanted were gone very quickly. I wonder if there is a correlation between an early shed and early regrowth? Lets hope so :)

Take Care and happy growing.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Hi Benny,

It does seem a bit early - however others report starting the shed 4 to 6 weeks post Op. So proves everyone's bodies reacts slightly differently. Key thing I would say is that you don't mention any blood and you don't have any bulbs attached. Day 10 appears to be the key date when all grafts should have anchored securely. I started to shed very early and 95% of the transplanted were gone very quickly. I wonder if there is a correlation between an early shed and early regrowth? Lets hope so :)

Take Care and happy growing.

How many days post surgery did you start shedding? Out of curiosity

The timeline varies person to person. Other than using the saline spray and a softly-softly washing approach, I left my recipient area alone for two weeks, as per my doctor's instructions. If you have been washing your hair a bit more vigorously then it wouldn't be unusual to see some hair shafts shed at this stage. What you describe is well within what is considered normal.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

How many days post surgery did you start shedding? Out of curiosity

Hi Benny,

From memory it was similar timescale to you, but only a few hairs each day. Try not to worry, we all react differently. Just to reassure you - I was an early shedder, but appear to be an early grower as well. Hope its the same for you. :)

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

I shed my hairs really early as well, so I wouldn't worry. The first 72 hours are the most crucial in terms of the grafts really implanting themselves, and really by day 5 you can relax even more. Unless the grafts are being pulled with a bit of force and resulting in pain, then I think it's just a natural, early shed.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

hi guys,

today day 14 after my HT, 14 days since the second day of the HT.

in the last 2-3 days when i shampoo my head i see like one hair on my finger, one hair when i move my hand over my head, is that the shed everyone are talking about?

i'm drinking wheatgrass in the morning, at least for the first month. eat everyday 2 spoons of pumpkin seed, 2 spoons of Flaxseed, 10 almonds, and about 10 walnuts.

i try to drink fresh squeeze vegetables juice everyday too.

i'm taking supplements- MSM (i don't know the dosage), biotin 600mg, B12, and vitamin D.

i read in all kind of places that people take very large dosage of biotin, maybe 5000, i read that like vitamin C biotin comes out the body through the urine, but should i take more biotin than i am taking now?

thank you

The average is roughly 4 weeks post-op.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

hi guys,

today day 14 after my HT, 14 days since the second day of the HT.

in the last 2-3 days when i shampoo my head i see like one hair on my finger, one hair when i move my hand over my head, is that the shed everyone are talking about?

Sounds like it. Some Hairs detach from the follicles quite soon and might be held in my the crusting for a while. Washing loosens them.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com